“Classic park being restored”
Review of Conneaut Lake Park

Conneaut Lake Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Conneaut Lake Park dates back to 1892 as Exposition Park. The Park sits on PA's largest natural lake. The unique combination of amusement rides, pony rides, putt-putt, games, indoor and outdoor concerts, a nightclub, historic hotel, and boat tours make it the perfect weekend getaway. Ride the country's 17th oldest wooden coaster, the 1938 Blue Streak, or the world's oldest Tumble Bug. There is no gate charge for our ride area; enjoy our carousel, Devil's Den, full Kiddieland, etc. and only pay if you ride.Look for us on Facebook: Conneaut Lake Park.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed October 8, 2010

We visited Conneaut Lake Park for the first time in 20 years. It is in the process of being restored. I am very pleased with the progress they have made. I love that they are keeping all of the old stuff & repairing & restoring it instead of replacing it. It was so fun to take my daughter in the Devil's Den with the gum still stuck to the wall. KiddieLand looked great. Such a shame the adorable gingerbread house bathrooms burned down. This was the perfect park for my 7 year old. She's in between kiddie rides & the big rides. Conneaut had enough "family" style rides that she enjoyed the whole day. Low crowds & fun foods made our day perfect.

7  Thank kristieb521

Reviewed September 19, 2010

ok, yes, this park is kinda run down a bit - overgrown weeds, some unattended rides, and some empty buildings... BUT, there are still quite a few rides (most 85%) running!
We went for Oktoberfest this past w-end (9/18) and we only had to pay $7 - this did not include riding the new refurbished Blue Streak, but, our lil guy was too short to ride anyhow... it cost $3 to ride it - a bit steep - but, I would have probably paid it if our son could have rode it - esp. since it was dark out - that would have been really a cool and scary ride!!
They have a cute lil train ride and about 10 rides in Kiddie land. A very nice old carosel that has some very unique animals (cats, giraffes, bunnies).
For Oktoberfest there were polka bands and a micro brewery and lots of ethnic food venders - so yummy... and fun for my son to experience some different cultures...
NIce view of the lake. Has a nice sandy beach. Water park was closed - looked tiny.
They are having a Pumpkin fest in early October and I believe Haunted activies for the end of October - check them out.
I for one would like to see them make a come back and be able to further renovate and clean up the park. Its cute, close and a piece of history.

6  Thank beardogmom
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Like many reviewers, Conneaut Lake Park is a fond memory of my childhood. My father's family has been going there for their family reunion the last Sunday of every July for the past 75 years, so it is a big part of our family's history.

We went back again this year and I was heartbroken. I have a 2 1/2 year old son and a 4 month old daughter that I was hoping to keep a good childhood experience alive. Instead, I found a miserable derelict place that tainted good memories from the past. I thought that they were trying to rebuild and expected improvements from last year. Instead, the park has become more and more disheveled. Not only are the main rides slowly disintegrating, but they many no longer open. When we went to ride the train, there was no operator and an excuse of it being broken (which we later found out to be a lie they were telling patrons…it turned out there was a need for another Kiddieland ride operator and they pulled the only person who knew how to operate the train off it).

Then we come to Kiddieland…for the 10 or so rides there, there was “maybe” 4 operators and you had to steal one from another ride (if there wasn’t anyone on it) to operate the ride you wanted your child to ride on.

The midway was a ghost town of shuttered stalls that once housed games. Instead, you had a few cheap excuses for games with only a couple people operating them.

The water park was not open…probably a good thing it wasn’t, as it seemed to be slowly decaying as well.

Probably the only thing that was still going that I thought was still in pretty good shape, was the merry-go-round. Several of the adult rides were up and running…the Tumblebug, Airplanes, Parachutes, etc. And…of course, the Devils Den is still rolling, so you can still stick your gum on the ever-growing wall of gum that has become so infamous.

At the end of the day…I hold little hope for Conneaut Lake Park to hang on. Even with the promotion Pepsi is having for people to vote for funds to restore the Blue Streak rollercoaster, I don’t think its rebirth will make a difference. I personally mourn the loss of this park as it goes the way of other old parks that once were such a great part of our childhood (Cascade Park of New Castle, PA was in my local neighborhood and is also one that has vanished from our lives). I doubt very much I’ll ever go back and for that reason alone, I rode the Tumblebug one last time with my wife and my sister.

Farewell Conneaut Lake Park…I’ll remember you fondly in my dreams.

Note: If you have never been to Conneaut Lake Park and were planning on going…you will be disappointed. It is not worth buying an all-day-pass for yourself or your kids…if you do go, purchase your tickets as you go, so when you get bored after an hour (or two if you are very patient) you won’t regret putting out $20 for the pass.

3  Thank travlinsam
Reviewed July 12, 2010

I went to the park on a sunday with my two teenage sons 15 and 16. There are only fair like rides witch cost $19.99 to ride all day. There was only 9 adult size rides operating. The blue streak has been closed since 2006 and needs $70,000 more to fix. The place looks so run down that it dosn't look like they will fix the coster any time soon. The water park is $9.95 by itself ticket or if you combine it with the the rides band the total cost is $25.75. The water park was terrible. Only one slide was opperational and they had a small lazy river. They also had a baby pool with a slide in the pool. I could have went to a public pool and had more fun. I feel like it cost way too much for how little they offered. There were hardly any people there. I rode all the rides and the water park rides in only 2 hours. I would never go back there again.

5  Thank helper00
Reviewed March 22, 2009

Well, when I was young, the park seemed big. We went every year, several times a year. Our family had a place there. I still like to go back to see the changes, and there are a lot of them. The park needs to offer more. Games are way over priced and the kids there working them really have no interest in their work. Sad, because it could be so much more. It is a wonderful day trip, but thats about it. The area it self is not what it use to be. But all in all if I were rich...I would be one to take on the park and make it what it really could be. This includes all ages of family members, not just the little kids. So go if you have the chance. A small piece of history that should be enjoyed by everyone...some day it may not be here. Spred the word and lets try to bring this small park back to life....keeping families together and doing things together is what this world needs. Go and have some fun....just remember it is old.

3  Thank kelly1966