“Tired”
Review of Conneaut Lake Park

Conneaut Lake Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Conneaut Lake Park dates back to 1892 as Exposition Park. The Park sits on PA's largest natural lake. The unique combination of amusement rides, pony rides, putt-putt, games, indoor and outdoor concerts, a nightclub, historic hotel, and boat tours make it the perfect weekend getaway. Ride the country's 17th oldest wooden coaster, the 1938 Blue Streak, or the world's oldest Tumble Bug. There is no gate charge for our ride area; enjoy our carousel, Devil's Den, full Kiddieland, etc. and only pay if you ride.Look for us on Facebook: Conneaut Lake Park.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stroller parking
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This park has had its share of problems and it shows. Too bad, since it was such a magical place. If you like WOODEN coasters, this still runs the Blue Streak. Buyt, everything else is peeling, or tired looking.

The beach bar has a biker crowd and lots of bikes to check out. If that is your thing, this may be a good fit!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

i've been going to conneaut lake park since i was a kid now in my mid fifties it still holds a lot of great memories i hope that this park continues on with a few new needed renovations this park will continue holding memories for my grandchildren

2  Thank brian v
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I kind of had to step back on how to rate CLP - if this was me in 1986, i would be giving this a perfect score hands down. If i had to rate it as of my visit last year, it would be a 1 or 2. I can't even begin to say how heartbroken i was to see the park in it's current state.

My best childhood memories were spending the summers at Conneaut Lake in the 80's. My mom & dad rented a cottage for us every summer at Shore Acres...which was perfect as it was on the lake and directly across from the Park. We literally thought this place was like Disney World when we were kids - everything there was so exciting. The park was full of life and at the time, had some of the best rides out there (Sea Dragon, Hell Hole, the In door twister, wild mouse, yo-yo, tumble bug, and of course the Blue Streak). On top of that they had a huge arcade with the all the best games...nothing like getting your Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fix before hours of rides!! Cliffhanger falls was a blast too...even though the water park itself was small, it was always full of joy. We would spend hours there every week, and it was the best time ever. Unfortunately in the early 90's my sister had health problems with allergies and i couldn't return back to the lake for some time.

Fast forward to 2005 - it had been roughly 15 years since i last saw the park. I couldn't believe my eyes, it was nothing like i remember. Midway had been gutted, many of the good rides were gone, and the park itself was completely run down. It looked like a setting for a Scooby Doo cartoon. I had heard the stories of what had happened but was in total shock. Unfortunately, the park had went through several owners and they pretty much ruined the place. They completely ripped out the midway for some Bavarian festival (that apparently never did good), No better way to kill a place, then to destroy the most popular part..no clue what those morons were thinking. This, to my understanding (from a few of my contacts at the lake), this was the beginning of the end. Poor decision after poor decision was made to where the park is now hanging by a thread. This was confirmed again by a brief visit i had last year. While it looked like some progress had been made, it's barely a dent into what is needed.

The only thing keeping the park going is the volunteers (thank god for them), and i guess a Park Restoration committee?? (haven't really heard much regarding this so i can't really comment). Part of me would love to see something turn around for the park, but my biggest fear is that the damage is already done, and people just won't return. I really hope i'm wrong...so please do what you can to restore this landmark to what it was.

I would give anything to have this park back to what it was - i want to bring my son there and have the memories and excitement for him that i once had. Unfortunately in it's current state that just can't happen. If i ever hit the powerball, i know who i'm donating to...

5  Thank Jason H
Reviewed December 19, 2012

very few rides, park has been struggling to stay open for years. Great family place in the "olden" days. Not worthy of a special trip these days.

1  Thank Donna B
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I've been going to conneaut since I was a small child. I miss when splashtown,pa was open. I miss the yoyo, the rolloplane, the scrambler, the roundup and the sky thriller. Thank god the blue streak is still up and running. I have so many memories at this park it is unreal. My childhood friends and I had went to ghost lake last night.. It was by far the best Halloween / haunted attraction you will go to. I was happy to see so many people giving clp business. Although it may never be the same, there is still hope for this park! A lifetime full of memories! Love clp. Do miss how it used to be though. A little paint job , weeding & picking up trash can go a very long way!

3  Thank X0jac