“Exceeded our expectations”

Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in Columbia
New Jersey
“Exceeded our expectations”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Someone at the Clock and Watch Museum recommended this place for lunch. It was quite busy and we were lucky to get a booth. I thought we would have a soup and maybe sandwich but looking at the menu they had such a great selection of main meals. Food and service excellent. Can highly recommend.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Bayridge66

Milton, DE
“Lancaster's Best Traditional Home-style”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Hinkles is a local favorite because of the excellent traditional Lancaster food and reasonable prices. This is the best place for old time local favorites such as; "Beef heart with filling", "Chicken & waffles" or "Puddings and potato cakes". No matter what you order, you can count on the food being well prepared with excellent taste! Your choice of seating is either a booth or a stool at the counter. On this visit, the grandkids loved sitting on the stools. They had chicken fingers from the children's menu served with a generous portion of delicious french fries. The chicken fingers were home made solid chicken breast! Hubby ordered the Beef heart. I never had that before so I sampled some of his and WOW, it was wonderful! If you ever come to Lancaster, I would recommend eating at Hinkles and avoid the tourist traps smorgasbords. After a good meal, check out their gift shop items too!

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Beachbumretired
Milton, DE
“Same great food”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My husband and I make a point of going to Hinkle's Phamancy Restaurant every time we come to Lancaster. You can't beat the price and the food is Lancaster County's finest. Check out the potato cakes for breakfast, yum! They also serve the best baked oatmeal in the area. After a meal I enjoy shopping Hinkle's gift section. They have a great selection of unique hoilday decorations. I just love Hinkle's!

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Beachbumretired
Vienna, Virginia
“It's Where Everyone Knows Your Name...”
Reviewed February 15, 2011

Hinkle’s Pharmacy opened in 1893 and continues to this day as both a pharmacy and lunch counter (although it serves all 3 meals a day). Obviously they know their business. When we arrived at 11:20 on a Saturday morning, the dining area was about 75 percent full. The waitresses were calling folks by name, and the diners were also calling out to each other. This is a neighborhood gathering place at its best. The food in our opinion was very average. My cheeseburger had very little taste (and served with no pickles). My husband asked for a recommendation and was told to order the hot turkey/gravy sandwich which he also felt was only so-so. We both enjoyed our milkshakes. The service was very good, and our waitress as sweet as could be. I wanted to like this place so much! However, it just was not a do-over for us. They advertise their desserts are made from scratch; so maybe pie and coffee are in order…

• Visited February 2011
SAN RAMON,CA
“Wonderful step back in time experience”
Reviewed September 13, 2010

Good food reminisant of the old lunch counters in the fifties. So many great side dishes, hard to just pick 2. Save room for the Chocolate Cake/Peanut Butter Frosting.

Also great fun to browse the pharmacy.

2 Thank REALNICE