“Perfect place for our sibling reunion.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Columbian, A Bed and Breakfast Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Columbia
Columbian, A Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Columbia B&B and Inns
Dana Point, California
“Perfect place for our sibling reunion.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We couldn't have chosen a better location. Our two rooms were perfect and very comfortable.We loved sitting on our back porch and watching the butterflies. And breakfast- every day a delightful surprise and just marvelous. We will come back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank macdarling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

My two California sisters and myself (Boston) chose the Columbian for a first ever sibling trip together to honor our mom who passed away a year ago and was born and raised in York, PA - leaving a relatives including our aunt , a retired nun who lives in Columbia. The room was perfect with one part a large sitting room with double bed for my sisters and then a smaller space with a single bed affording my privacy as well.

Everyday we got up early and made excellent coffee in our room and sat out on a lovely porch over looking the koi pond and garden to mediate and read before breakfast Karen lent me a yoga mat so I could do morning yoga on the porch. Each breakfast was a gourmet marvel (who knew fresh peaches and ham with a sprinking of fresh ground nutmeg makes a terrific omlette ?). We kept a bottle of chilled wine in the conveniently provide mini refrigerator for sitting out on the porch at the end of the day and processing the days experiences. ... Did we mention that the Columbian is only a two block walk straight down to the mile long bridge over the Susquehanna River - a great place for a power walk with a glorious view. ?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JohnMcD02459
Gales Ferry, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

4th stay at this B&B over the past 20 years; still well-appointed (though the modestly sized rooms remain a bit cluttered; e.g with too many decor pillows). B&B is clean, comfortable, and with nice touches like a small bottle of wine upon check-in and dressing robes. Breakfast table was beautifully set, and main fare delicious though no choice of entree. My wife and I stayed on a Friday night in July, and the cost with tax was ~$170+ for the Bucher Suite, the only room available. Not a bargain - nearly twice as expensive as $96 rate quoted in the review by gthorsen01 on TripAdvisor. Yet maybe understandable for a one night weekend stay in season? Each of the guest rooms is decorated differently. The physical structure of the Columbian is showing sign of its age and is need of resources (time, money and skilled labor) to repair and preserve. As on previous visits, Innkeeper Karen was there to meet us and provide a very brief introduction. We did not see her again, as breakfast was prepared and served by another staff member. Reservations using the web-site were easy and efficient.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Linthicum Heights, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Lovely post-colonial building. Very well appointed. Karen is very easy to work with. I had a few changes to make. Made a simple request and fixed with no problem. I also needed early check. Again - No problem. Easy check in. Awesome breakfast. Very nice time. Will stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I want to start by stating that the price of a night in the Columbian is very low and that my rating reflects the incomparable value of what you get for what you pay for ($96 including tax). Our room was very comfortable and suitably furnished with a mix of antiques and whimsical pieces. The B&B is centrally located. There is a huge wrap around porch and a beautiful front yard garden. Columbia, the town, has seen better times but the B&B is an exception. Karen, the innkeeper, is warm and effusive. It is evident that she puts a lot of time in her business and attends to many details herself. The breakfast consisting of Dutch pancakes, flavored coffee, a watermelon slice and sausage patties was excellent. All in all the Columbian contributed to a lovely weekend.

Room Tip: Go tothe near by Prudhomme's a Cajun restaurant if you like (or would like to try) New Orleans...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

What a wonderful relaxing stay! Karen was so kind and accommodating. The breakfast was a something out of a magazine! My friend and I went to the 150th Gettysburg reenactment and this was the closets opening we could find. It was worth the drive back and forth.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Columbian Bed and Breakfast Inn for an overnight 'getaway'. The bed was so comfortable and the room was clean and beautiful. My favorite part by far was the spa downstairs! My husband treated me to a massage and it was very relaxing. Karen is a wonderful masseuse.

We were within walking distance of several restaurants and shops. The breakfast was simple and tasty, french toast with fresh berries and sausage.

The only thing I would say could use improvement is the bathroom. I would prefer a tub to soak in, and they only had a shower stall (cramped at that) but the water pressure and temp. was great.

All in all a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hguiseppe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
Comfort Inn Lancaster County
MainStay Suites of Lancaster County
Home2 Suites by Hilton York
Sleep Inn & Suites Lancaster County
Heritage Hotel
Heritage Hotel
#20 of 38 in Lancaster
Airy View Bed and Breakfast

Been to Columbian, A Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!