“A very nice two night stay”

Comfort Inn Lancaster County
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed August 20, 2009

This ultra clean motel was in very new condition, and is perfectly located for easy access to local attractions. Everything worked great in our room, and the Pool and Hot-tub, were a great stress-foot ache reliever, at the end of the day. If you're a smoker, its trips outside for a ciggy, but the clean smell of our room was very much worth it. The pool was warm, clean, and the hot tub was fantastic. If you book, ask for the 2nd or 3rd floors, they are quieter. I would book this motel again, the next time I come to the Amish country, its a great value.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dave_rose69

Reviewed August 2, 2009

We stayed here for a wedding just for one night. The hotel does have a very nice pool & hot tub--didn't use it but many kids from the wedding did. The room was spacious with a microwave & fridge. The bathroom is tiny--just a tub/toliet while the sink is outside. The bed was comfortable. It was clean & available 2 hours before official check-in--which was nice since the wedding was at 4pm & we got into town around 1.

Very close to Rte 30 & near several fast food. The breakfast was basic--with make your own waffles but I enjoyed tea & a bagel--it is free, so what do you except. I didn't notice the safe charge until I got home. They do have free wireless & I did see a computer for use by customers in the lobby. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kennede
Reviewed June 17, 2009

Rooms are clean and inviting. Beds are comfortable. You won't get lost in the bathroom though. Continental breakfast is extremly basic but it's free! I needed a room next to an entrance and on the 1st floor and they were extremly accommodating,
One aggravating thing was the card readers used to gain entrance to the building. on every attempt to gain access to the bulidig we had to swipe the card multiple times and on one attempt it took 9 swipes to get in. They really need to correct this.
On the whole a really good place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank infrequenttraveler8
Reviewed March 17, 2009

My husband and I stayed here to celebrate our Anniversary and it was our second stay here. All we wanted was a nice quiet place to stay with a Jacuzzi and a pool, the pool hours are 9 to 9.

The Breakfast is not the best; not at all high in any protein, only carbs they did have cereal, juice, waffles, oranges and bananas. No problems with checking in or parking; the pool did tend to be a little chilly, but overall, it was a real nice place and we will go back again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jscatlovers
Reviewed August 27, 2008

I reserved a bunch of rooms for people coming to my daughters wedding. The motel was flexible and accomodating. The rooms were good sized clean and well stocked with all you needed. The stafff was helpful and patient as all the bridesmaids needed more keys. The free breakfast had a lot of choices and the make your own waffles was a big hit. I think this place is a good choice if you are in the area.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank gellmanj40
Reviewed July 27, 2008

First the positive: The room was great. A big jacuzzi tub was a hit with my son. Nothing fancy otherwise but more than adequate.

The negatives: The breakfast is awful. It might be free but unless you want cheerios or a bad waffle, there is nothing for you. Not even fresh fruit (rotten and no bananas) or half-way decent bread to toast. The exercise room is very small and not great if you really want a proper workout. The hotel charges a $1.50/night fee for the safe! Make sure you get this taken off your bill. Just a scam and doesn't make any business sense to me to nickel and dime your customers with a minor charge like that! They did take it right off when I asked them to delete the charge. Finally, maybe it was just the weekend, but it wasn't extremely cheap ($125.99 before lots of taxes). Perhaps the whole area costs more than it seems it should but certainly didn't seem like a great value.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2007

The room was clean and comfortable. I was here for one night on a multistate trip. I arrived on October 5, 2007 and left on the 6th. The staff were friendly. Based on a review here I requested a second or third floor room. The request was honored. The wireless Internet access worked. I did not see a computer in the lobby for guest use.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank wrc5252
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
Sleep Inn & Suites Lancaster County
#5 of 7 in Manheim
Heritage Hotel
Heritage Hotel
#21 of 40 in Lancaster

Been to Comfort Inn Lancaster County? Share your experiences!