“It's a must”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cherry St
Transit: One block from bus stop
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Great bar in Columbia with a family-like staff. The owners frequent the place and are very friendly people. Great bartender. Try the cat crunch wrap. It's perfect!!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I had dinner here this evening, and the experience was pleasant all around. We were seated quickly and given a friendly rundown of the specials. We tried the cajun whoopie pie and gator bites for an appetizer and both were enjoyable. I thought the mushroom sauce was especially delicious.
For our meals we had the haddock and fried eggplant special, which was filled with seafood stuffing and topped with shrimp. We both enjoyed everything very much. Their homemade onion rings are huge, and reminded me of the kind you'd get at a carnival. I was too stuffed to finished them! The potions sizes for the entrees are very generous, as well. Our server was very sweet, attentive and constantly made sure we had everything we needed.
As for the claims of it being overpriced, it must be the area. We are not from here originally, and while you certainly could not describe it as "cheap", I don't think it's at all unresonable if they are offering quality/authentic ingredients. They also have so many promotions (doubletake etc.) and daily specials that you'd almost never pay full price. It is also the only real Cajun style restaurant in Lancaster county, and one of very few in all of PA for that matter. I think it's worth a little extra for a unique menu. I enjoyed the environment and music as well, but I wish it played louder in the dining room. We will definitely be returning.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Always purchase Double Take Deal Certificates for this restaurant when they're offered!!
Cajun Whoopie Pie appetizer is one of the only NON-spicey apps that I can eat!! I always request EXTRA, EXTRA mushroom gravy...since in my option they never sever enough of it to begin with...The only thing I don't care for is they charge extra for the extra sauce without ever telling you until the bill is presented...That's fine the extra charge is deducted off the wait staffs tip since they never tell you that they're going to charge me extra.
But even knowing this ... We still go back because the Catfish and other Southern meals are great!!
Hushpuppies are some of the best around!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went to dinner on Sunday afternoon. Staff was very nice and welcoming. In a historic building with very cool atmosphere. We ordered the wings and crab "whoopee" pie and both were fantastic . Would highly recommend to try both. Three days later and my amily is still talking about the whoopee pie . We also ordered HEART OF THE BAYOU SEAFOOD PLATTER
Blackened catfish, buttery garlic shrimp & crawfish, seafood gumbo, fried clam strips, hush pups, slaw, frizzled onions & house dips..it was 21.95 but more then enough for my sister and I to split . I can not say enough how good it was. I recommended getting a side orde of the hush puppies they were the best I ever had! The catfish was perfectly prepaired and I loved loved the shrimp. If your looking for something different but delicious you defiantly want to try it.

1  Thank Meam172000
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stopped in lunch with several friends while we on a motorcycle ride. We had a great time! The hostess/owner was very nice and made sure everything was to our liking. The food was great and so was the atmosphere. Highly recommend. Only bad point, they charge for soda refills. Other than that it was great, will return.

1  Thank blues4545