“Delicious way to learn about business!”

Turkey Hill Experience
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Columbia
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Come learn how our ice cream is made, sit in our milk truck, brainstorm your own ice cream flavor, milk a mechanical cow and learn about the people and culture of Turkey Hill. Discovery and delight abound for the whole family. And of course, there are free samples of Turkey Hill ice cream and iced tea!
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband said this was one of the best interactive museums he's ever been to. We all enjoyed the exhibits, but were particularly impressed with the make your own ice cream flavor, make your own packaging, and make your own commercial activities. The kids (9&10) are still talking about their own unique flavors. We were there on a Sundae Sunday, which was a fabulous bonus as we LOVE Turkey Hill ice cream and we got to make a nice big one with any flavors we wanted as part of admission. Glad we stopped! I should say we got one of those voucher deals with discounted tix, so we weren't concerned so much with pricing.

There are newer reviews for Turkey Hill Experience

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Who doesn't love ice cream? Well, we do, but we were shocked at the admission cost and hoped it would be worth the money. Sadly, it wasn't. There's a lot of reading which quickly bored the youngsters. Some of the interactive displays are fun, but overall, not what we hoped for nor was it worth the price they charge at the door.

1  Thank Jackie B
Rebecca C, Manager at Turkey Hill Experience, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Turkey Hill Experience. Turkey Hill works diligently to create an educational and fun experience for all guests. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak to you in greater detail about your visit. Please reach me at your convenience via email rebecca.carroll@turkeyhill.com or by phone 1-888-986-8784 ext. 101

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We are adults but really enjoyed this! We were practically the only people there, so that may have influenced our decision. Great for school age children, very small children would probably not benefit much, better if they can interact and understand the displays. Loved the free ice cream, which is given in extremely generous samples, more like a full scoop. You can only have one at a time, but you can have as many as you want. I only had one but I confess I would have been a complete glutton if I let myself.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I don't understand the bad reviews, here. My mother (senior), daughter (11), and I went to this not really expecting a whole lot because it was super cheap. We had SO MUCH FUN!! We were there for about 2 hours. There was so much about the region's history in addition to the company's history. There were lots of interactive games that all of us enjoyed. The ice cream was just icing on the cake! Well done, Turkey Hill!

Rebecca C, Manager at Turkey Hill Experience, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your Experience with TripAdvisor. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of further assistance on your next trip to Lancaster County. Have a great day. Rebecca Carroll

Rebecca.Carroll@turkeyhill.com
1-888-986-8784 x101

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We visited on a cold and rainy fall afternoon, had the place to ourselves and totally enjoyed every minute. I would imagine that during peak times it would difficult to enjoy the interactive activities. There are different stations that allow you to create a flavor, name it, create a container, film a commercial and email what you've created to yourself. You also get to taste test a bunch of different ice cream and iced tea flavors. It was fun for both my kids and us, but again if it's crowded it would probaly be a hassle.