“Not Worth the Money...”

Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Columbia
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Come learn how our ice cream is made, sit in our milk truck, brainstorm your own ice cream flavor, milk a mechanical cow and learn about the people and culture of Turkey Hill. Discovery and delight abound for the whole family. And of course, there are free samples of Turkey Hill ice cream and iced tea!
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I'm not sure what I was expecting of this place, but it seemed more kid oriented. There wasn't much there as far as exhibits and the best part of it was the free ice cream and even that wasn't that great. Its just not worth the money you pay for at all. We had just come back from a day of fun at Hersheys Chocolate World, so that may have colored my view a bit, but I felt like I got more bang for my buck there. I wouldn't reccomend this place and I wouldn't go back.

1  Thank Vicki H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,108)
All reviews
in 33 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 46 reviews

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We were told that we might not enjoy this because we were adults without kids. Wrong! We had a blast. Loved making our own ice cream flavor, packaging it and then advertising it. It was a quiet day which made it nice. We got to try some new flavors of ice cream and ice tea. Some that aren't even sold in grocery stores (just to vendors). Learned a lot while I had fun playing games too. Definitely created with "todays" kids in mind. A little expensive but discounts can be found.

1  Thank Kim771
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was a delight as when you walk in you are in the gift shop where they have some really cute Tshirts and other tidbits. Then you proceed to the ice cream tasting...yummy! From there you go on a self guided tour of how ice cream is made followed by your own creation of a virtual ice cream and a video starring YOU! Then on to more ice cream tasting! Then to the history of the dairy. It is a truly enjoyable 2+ hrs where you definately get your admissions worth!!! Enjoy!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Just do not think it was worth the time or effort to see this place. Both my 12&8 year old agree that we did not need to stop here.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Interesting learning the history, hilarious watching the kids "milk a cow", guessing how many lids are in a sealed floor to ceiling stack, and of course the create your own (virtual) flavor plus designing your own packaging was a lot of fun for our kids. (there's also the option to make your own commercial.) We were there on "Sunday Sundae" (check the website for daily specialties), so we tried different flavors and made our own sundaes. That being said, the admission prices are too high, esp. for adults. I think it came to ~$32 for the 4 of us.