“The Secret Charm of Collegeville”
Review of Osteria

Osteria
Ranked #13 of 65 Restaurants in Collegeville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Secret Charm of Collegeville”
Reviewed April 9, 2011

I have lived in Collegeville for 15 years and have watched restaurants come and go. Osteria has been the only gem where I look forward to dining. Located off of the main strip on Germantown Pike it has atmosphere for everyone. If you want romance, ask for a table near the fireplace. If you are looking for entertainment slip over to the piano bar. The staff is always courteous and attentive. And the food... I am married to an Italian who is a wonderful cook. Needless to say we are both admitted food snobs and especially Italian food snobs. The fare at Osteria never disappoints. One menu item "must have" is the grilled calamari appetizer. It is a huge portion of grilled calamari tossed with olive oil, tomatoes and other seasonings. It is to die for. Be sure to enjoy it with their crusty Italian bread. I have had many of their pasta dishes and can't seem to pick just one to recommend. They are all good. The chicken parmesan is wonderful and you are sure to have lunch for the following day. Previous reviews posted that the clientele is older. If you are a twenty something then yes, this is correct. One of the wonderful characteristics of Osteria is that it crosses all generations. I love the fact that I could sit at the bar and discuss college life with one customer and then discuss WWll with a veteran of this war. Osteria is my first choice for a restaurant in Collegeville. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited April 2011

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The food was good but the crowd was a bit older than us.”
Reviewed January 23, 2008

The food was good but the crowd was a bit older than us.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook