“Standard Courtyard but I like the new "freshbar menu"”

Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/Collegeville
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Collegeville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Have not stayed in a Courtyard for a while so I thought I would write this up. Nice standard Courtyard Room (plenty of plugs and free wifi with my elite status). Work out room cramped with ellipitcals and weight machine (but again this is a Courtyard so what do you expect?). For the price a great value (staying on business).

The new addition (I guess for every Courtyard) is that they have done away with what I can only describe as the disgusting breakfast bar buffet (cold greasy eggs, instant oatmeal, stale bagels, day old sliced cantaloupe they idea of one of these makes me want to puke!) and gone with a fresh bar that will cook a quick and fast (and healthy if one wants) breakfast + Star Bucks Coffee for under $ 12. Count me in for this. THey blow away comparable tiered hotels (Hampton/Hampton Garden/Embassy Suites/Holiday Inn Express or Staybridge) with this breakfast and also quick and light dinner. Limited menu but good hot and fast.
Well Done Marriott.

Room Tip: Its a Marriott Courtyard- it does not matter!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Jon G, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/Collegeville, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Dear Guest,
We are excited to hear you like the new Bistro concept the Courtyard Marriott brand has developed. We are excited to serve our guests with it everyday. We did just recently go through a renovation. With the renovation we expanded our fitness center and put in all new fitness equipment. We are excited to show it off but we are always looking at ways to make it even better. Thank you for letting us know your thoughts about the fitness center. They are very useful to us here at Courtyard Marriott so we can always make our guests' experiences even better than the last.
Jon Gustin - General Manager Courtyard Marriott Collegeville

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/Collegeville

Reviewed May 3, 2012

I travel to the local Collegeville corporate site 5-6 times throughout the year from Connecticut and have stayed at the Courtyard before. Week before last I made the 5 hour drvie, exacerbated by traffic and roadwork on the highway, arriving exhausted at the hotel by 11:30 p.m. only to find that my guaranteed corporate reservation (late arrival) had been usurped. Apparently the hotel was overbooked, and the decision was made to give away my room prior to my arrival. No attempt was made to contact me, and the staff was less than apologetic. I was furious and had to sit in the parking lot and call surrounding hotels until I could find an available room. Our administrative assistant has handled all of the reservations in the past, specified late arrival and "guaranteed" reservations. I'm not sure what happened this time but never plan to stay there again. Due to getting to sleep after 1:30 a.m. the entire next day at work was a reminder of the sleep I'd lost because of their overbooking.

Room Tip: If you choose this hotel, I'd recommend double checking any reservation.
1  Thank Jakerbreaker

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience here at the Courtyard Marriott in Collegeville, PA. Unfortunately that evening when you came to our hotel we were in a oversold situation and it is not in a position we like to be in. There are many reasons why this might occur but it does not happen often. We know how much this can be an inconvenience to our guests when this does occur but we do make sure we take care of our guests when this does occur. We immediately setup a reservation for that guest at a local hotel. We pay for the room and tax for that night at the local hotel. We make sure that guest has transportation to get to that local hotel. We will go over and beyond that to make sure the guest is satisfied and to show our apologies for the situation. We apologize again for this happening to you.
Jon Gustin - General Manager Courtyard Marriott Collegeville

Reviewed April 23, 2012

In case you have never been to this neck of the woods, this hotel may be the best in the area. It has recently been renovated. I have had a couple of room with internet problems, but nothing lately. I suggest driving down the road to Phoenixville for a nice dinner or going across the street to Wegmans for a quick breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Jon G, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/Collegeville, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Thank you for your great review! We really appreciate it! I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry to hear you had internet problems in the past but I can assure you that we have made some great improvements with our internet connections. I am not sure if you had a chance to experience our new Bistro for breakfast or dinner but next time you are in town definitely check it out! Thank you again.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Stayed 1 night on business in April 2012. This hotel is located near a number of major companies in the area and is priced accordingly - I thought it quite expensive for a Courtyard. However the hotel itself is very good, nice rooms, comfortable beds. Breakfast was a little different but good. Overall worth staying here if you are travelling on business.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review! I am glad you liked our newly renovated rooms! The bistro breakfast is definitely new to the Courtyard Marriott brand but we are excited with the changes and delighted to serve our guests in it. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Thank you!

Reviewed April 16, 2012

I have stayed at several Courtyards in various places, and I would have to rate this one as the nicest I have experienced.

I stayed here before about 3 years ago. At that time it was your average Courtyard, Nice, comfortable, nothing outstanding. My son and I were there again this past weekend, and I am very impressed by the renovations they did. We had an extended queen-queen room, which would be fine in a full service Mariott or Renaissance.

Staff was friendly, breakfast in the bistro was exactly as expected.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

I am excited to hear you liked our newly renovated Courtyard Marriott. We have definitely put some great improvements into the hotel. The extended queen-queen rooms are very nice and I am glad you and your son got to enjoy one of those rooms. They are very spacious rooms. Hopefully we will have the chance again to serve you and your son in the future.
Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed April 7, 2012

We travel often for work and pleasure, and are very picky about where we stay. We have stayed here often while visiting our daughter at college, and continue to be impressed with this hotel - the design, cleanliness, and service. Today my kids colored eggs for Easter at a table in their lobby. John W, an employee, overheard we forgot vinegar and ran out to the market to get some for us. Other employees, Krista and Ester went out of their way to ensure the Easter tradition and then the rest of the evening were special. For a business oriented hotel, it is extremely family friendly and comfortable. We look forward to many more visits here.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank ccm05
Jon G, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/Collegeville, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! We are excited to hear you and your family had a great stay with us! We can not wait to have you back! If you need anything please let us know.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights and this impressed me. They've recently remodeled and the 'bistro' is a nice touch. The lobby is much more 'W' than your average Courtyard, and the service was very helpful.
DO plan to rent a car if you're staying here. It's a long way away from anything (Philly, airport, trains, restaurants). We couldn't even walk across the road to the nearest mall/restaurants because the highway doesn't have crosswalks!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor (5 or 4) near the 'ends' of the hallways for quiet. The south end is c...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Collegeville
Hilton Garden Inn Valley Forge/Oaks
Staybridge Suites Royersford-Valley Forge
Hampton Inn and Suites Valley Forge/Oaks
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Limerick
Homewood Suites Valley Forge
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/Collegeville? Share your experiences!