“A Potential Work in Progress”

Shagun Fine Indian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Shagun Fine Indian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 65 Restaurants in Collegeville
Cuisines: Indian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
“A Potential Work in Progress”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

There is a lot of potential. The service is improving and the food still needs to be tuned. I want try backin a month or tow to given an update, that is if the Resturant last. The naan really needs improving. It too inconsistent t form order to order as to thickness and cooking method.

Visited September 2013

Blue Bell
“If you have a thing for Indian cuisine you will probably like the Shagun Indian Restaurant.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I stopped in for lunch to try out the new Indian cuisine restaurant in Collegeville.
I decided on the buffet to get an overall opinion. I tried almost everything they had out and was pleased with everything. The offerings went from mild to spicy. I'm not one for really hot foods but I didn't find anything too hot for my taste. And, everything was kept at the right temperature. Too many times at a buffet some hot things are cool and cold things are too warm but they were doing it right.
If I had any complaint at all it would be the constant attention. Take a sip of water and your glass got refilled. There were so many servers running around, I am not sure if we had a waiter. Everyone seemed overly concerned that everything was just right, but this isn't bad for a new restaurant.
It was quiet when we got there but it started to really fill up a little after noon. If they can keep that kind of busy, I'm guessing they are there to stay.
The restaurant seemed clean as can be expected since it was just renovated. The floor should have been replaced instead of just screwed down in loose spots. I hope that someday they get around to doing that.
The next time I have a hankering for Indian cuisine, I'll head back to Shagun Indian Restaurant.

Collegeville, Pennsylvania, United States
“Needs fine tuning”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I was so excited to finally see an Indian restaurant in Collegeville and couldn't wait to give it a try. We visited on a Tuesday evening and were hurried to our seats, smack dab in the middle of the restaurant, sandwiched in between occupied tables, while the perimeter tables were empty. It became an issue as others were led in and seated and servers were using the narrow space on either side of us as passage to get to other diners. Our table was bumped and the server's backside was right up against our table while he served to the side of us. There were so many employees coming and going, we were confused. No one introduced themselves as our server, and this did cause a problem when the two items that we asked to come out together even though one was an appetizer, was mismanaged. Then someone tried to serve us someone else's dinner.

I have to say that the food was very good and I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant on that alone, but it was one of the least relaxing dinners I have had in a long time. I felt like I was seated in Grand Central Station! I know that everyone was trying to "help" and give good service, but in fact, accomplished the opposite. But, with so many employees running around, it was very distracting. Some attention to service etiquette would go a long way. I want this restaurant to succeed and bring us Collegevillians many years of delicious Indian cuisine!

1 Thank Tina S
“Indian food at it finest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Amazing food. I gave up on Indian food years ago. I just got bored. Well not anymore! I love this place. This Guy named Happy waited on us. Seriously that's his name. Well Happy made me so happy with his suggestions. I loved everything!
I don't know where to begin on what to suggest. Just go and let him decide for you. You'll be happy like me too

Philly area
“Excellent food, great service. A welcome add'n to Collegeville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Finally, a great Indian restaurant in Collegeville! I say that as a pretty critical reviewer (check out my other reviews).

My wife and I have visited here for the lunch buffet and for dinner. Both experiences were excellent. Lunch buffet showcased a good variety of dishes, including multiple salads/apps, vegetarian, chicken, and goat selections. I would estimate 12-15 entree selections. Every one we tried was distinctive in both taste and spice. The staple Indian dishes were offered such as tikka masala, etc. and there was a good mix of dishes I had never heard of. All dishes were very tasty. One thing I admired was that the naan was served table-side for the buffet, which translates to freshness. Basically, the naan is not left out to dry out and crisp under heating lamps.

Dinner was also excellent. The menu offered a large variety of tandoori, masala, vindaloos, curries with an exhaustive bread/naan menu. I had chicken chettinad (never heard of this dish previously) and it was great. My wife had the chicken vindaloo and it was also top notch.

This restaurant is very reasonably priced. The lunch buffet with no add'l drinks beyond water ran us about $8 per person. Dinner entrees were in the $12-$18 range and are well worth it. Service was also excellent. Water was consistently refilled; accommodating staff; attentive wait staff.

We are looking forward to visiting this restaurant often and trying the large number of dishes.

1 Thank Late30s