“Food and Quality are great...Service/Time needs work”

Wibs wings ribs and more
Ranked #32 of 66 Restaurants in Collegeville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Diner
Description: New rib and wing place in collegeville eat in or take otu
Description: New rib and wing place in collegeville eat in or take otu
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Pro's
- Food...Great variety, well prepared and the taste is amazing
- Atmosphere is quaint, relaxing
- Friendly Owners

Con's
- The time it takes from receiving the order to the time of receiving the food is a bit of a wait. Please note I have eaten both take out and onsite several times over a period of going on 2 years. I think what is hindering the time is the lack of people on staff. Family owned (from what I can tell) its limited.

Overall, I love this place and will continue to go. My only suggestion is make sure if its for lunch, that your not tied to any timeframes. Regarding food suggestions, their Wibber Burger is amazing (better than Red Robin). They make a great pulled pork sandwich and their BBQ Chicken Salad hit's the spot. Oh, don't forget the 3 dipping sauces!

There are newer reviews for Wibs wings ribs and more

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Despite the delicious food and somewhat quiet atmosphere, service was slow. The seating area is limited for those who want to enjoy their meals on site. Customers were served one at a time. As orders were placed, they were made...meaning, if you were the third customer / group ordering, your food was not prepared until the customers/groups before you were served. Salads were served with the main course making it hard to eat it all at once without the main course getting cold. Also difficult to eat some of the food with plastic ware. My initial feeling was that this was a new restaurant working out the kinks, but I was surprised to find out, when I asked, that the restaurant had been opened for three years! The BBQ fries were delicious!!!!

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I've only been here once, which was for lunch. I went with their Wibber burger and I was shocked at how tall the burger was. I had to smash it down quite a bit in order to get it into my mouth! The burger was quite tasty though. The sauce came running out, but it wasn't too messy. The fries were also delicious. I'm not a wings person, so probably won't ever try those, but would go back for the burger or to try their pulled pork or BBQ chicken. I do wish they had fresh brewed iced tea (especially sweet tea) rather than just the Pepsi fountain drinks and Brisk tea. The Wibber is not on the menu, but based on other reviews, seems to be on the daily specials everyday. To me it's not a special if it's available all the time--why not just put it on the menu? Staff was pretty friendly. It took a good 10 minutes for my order to come out, which was no big deal to me. Small seating area inside.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We bought food here for the first time last night. I had heard such good things I had to try it. We ordered classic buffalo wings and ribs and fries.
The wings were not to my liking. They are breaded which in my book is a big no-no. Perhaps they offer non-breaded but that option was not expressed when we ordered. True buffalo wings are not breaded. The taste was mediocre.
The ribs were not so bad but were not great.
The fries were good.
This place is basically a take out place with some limited seating. I can not speak for the rest of the food as that is all we have ever ordered from them.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I ordered the half rack and wings combo which is reasonably priced and comes with a good portion. The ribs have a nice amount of meat to them and the wings were also nicely sized (i.e. not skimpy). Sides wise, the cole slaw is bland but the devil's dusted fries (additional upcharge) were delicious.

The atmosphere is nice and clean and staff service was good including the chef (and presumably owner?) coming out to answer questions. As a green advocate, I do wish they would use reusable cups and silverware...moreover it was actually somewhat difficult to cut the ribs using a plastic knife.

Comparison: I also visited Phamous Phil's BBQ which is nearby and while Phil's wasn't bad, I thought the ribs here were more moist and would definitely choose the ribs here on that merit. However, sauce options at Phil's are better as I wasn't crazy about either the ribs (smokey) or the wings sauces (classic) here. Note that sides (beans, mac n' cheese, frieds) at Phil's were also good.

All in all, I was pleased with my visit and would not mind visiting again.