“Great food!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Tortuga's Mexican Eatery
Ranked #29 of 65 Restaurants in Collegeville
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Limerick, Pennsylvania
“Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

I love this place. Everything I've tried here has been delicious, and I'm always trying to get new people to come along and try their food. Their salsa is probably my favorite salsa anywhere. It tastes so fresh, and has a great kick. All of their meals are sizable portions. My favorite is the Chipotle Chicken, which comes with all of the fixings to make your own little tacos, plus rice and beans. Sooo good. Their desserts are delicious too, and they offer all kinds of authentic Mexican drinks. The only thing I have to complain about is the service. No matter how many or how few people are dining, the service ALWAYS sucks. And the owner can be pretty snippy. She's definitely not the most pleasant...

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kylee D

Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Good Mexican”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

Not the typical large Mexican menu, but good nonetheless. Restaurant is small and feels a bit like a fast food restaurant, but has table service and a liquor license. Informal and inexpensive.

Visited May 2014
“Microwaved chicken”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have been coming to this restaurant for years now. We were so disappointed when my husband's creamy chipotle chicken tasted like it had been heated or even cooked straight through in the microwave and then thrown on the grille for a few seconds at best! It tasted terrible. When the server came and asked how dinner was going my husband told her about the chicken and even asked her if they had microwaved it because it tasted as though it had been. She insisted that they do not use a microwave on their food. "Ha ha ha, yea right!" Anyway she asked if she could take the plate away and make him something else. We told her that he would eat it anyway because the kids were getting antsy. Well you would think that they would take the chicken off of our check- nope! And we didn't even get spoken to by the manager- she was too busy serving other customers - too bad because we will not be going back. And I will also make sure to tell everyone their lack of customer service.

CATHY H, Owner at Tortuga's Mexican Eatery, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
I am very sorry about your unsatisfactory experience at Tortugas. I want to assure you that are meats are never microwaved. The chicken is grilled. If a customer is not happy with a menu item, we always offer to prepare them something else. However, if they do eat their meal , we do charge for it. I should have come over to your table to address the situation, perhaps I could have resolved it better. I hope that as customers who have been coming for years, that you have been happy with your other visits to Tortugas, and will give us another chance.
CT
“Pretty good food, reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

Stopped in on a Wednesday evening while visiting the area. Hubby had a margarita which he pronounced excellent. Reasonable selection of beers also.
We each had the pick two combination, which was very reasonably priced. I had the cheese enchilada and a pork enchilada. The pork was succulent and very tasty. The cheese enchilada, well, let's just say I've had way better. Hubby had the beef tamale which he said was very good, and a ground beef enchilada which he also said was good. The verde sauce is supposed to be spicy, but I felt it could have used some zip. Hubby said the mild red sauce was good.
Overall, when we left we decided that if we are back in the area again, we would return for another visit.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Collegeville, Pennsylvania, United States
“Margarita I Love You”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

Best Margaritas in town--in just about any flavor you prefer. Huge menu of choices; I usually go with the pick three (of any combination) for $12.95; with a choice of tacos, burritos, chimichangas,enchiladas, tamales, tostadas and then You can choose from delicious shredded beef, shredded pork--those are my two favorites--chicken, ground beef, or chorizo. there are also several vegetarian options.
Great prices, festive atmosphere, and quick, friendly service. My only complaint is that they don't have a bar--which may be a good thing because I would be there all the time!
menu: http://tortugasmex.com/