“Excellent food in a surprising locations”

Original Clam Tavern
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Fleetwood, Pennsylvania
“Excellent food in a surprising locations”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had time to kill before heading to the airport and were looking for somewhere to have a decent meal. The Original Clam Tavern met and exceeded our expectations. A little tricky to find tucked into a nice residential neighborhood not 4 miles from the airport, the food was terrific. Menu choices were good too - not only fish and seafood but steaks were on the board as well.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank parishfm

Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
“Hidden away, but worth the search”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

You have to search for this one: it is off the beaten track, but only a couple of blocks from Baltimore Pike in Clifton Heights. Find it!
We've gone to this little place for a few years now and it is a well run restaurant/bar for seafood. I have yet to get anything but fish/clams/mussels/shrimp etc. but they have meat and poultry, too.
Last time there I got two shocks. The first was some of the most delicious seafood in a broiled platter. Everything was done so right and tasty that I was "forced" to eat it all. All. And with it was a most delicious baked potato. It's hard to get ecstatic over a potato, baked yet, but this one had a crusty skin with a great flavor and a creamy inside. Creamy! I got their process from the owner and tried it at home. I also got similar results in the convection oven. In 45 minutes! Back to the restaurant review. My wife got a lobster tail. This was a large (6 oz.), perfectly done. We also shared steamed clams.
Now for the second shock: prices you can live with. My seafood platter, with a filling variety of Crab Imperial, fish, scallops, and shrimp was cheap, $20.99. My wife's lobster tail (market price) was $17.99. Clams were $6.99.
One of our favorites, Devon Seafood Grill in Philadelphia, would be much more than this and I admit there are many differences that make an evening out worth their price, so I can't put Clam Tavern on the same footing as DSG, but they are a challenging local choice for seafood. For vacationers I would recommend you try them both!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank magicmaker51
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Out-Of-The-Way Spot”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

...okay, from the start: the fried mozzarella, real and crazy fresh...shrimp, scallops and flounder...slammin'...Red Lobster may never see me again, thanks to an out-of-the neighborhood spot!!...

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank japii-phl
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Fantastic Seafood, Great Service!”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I was in the area for 11 days on business and was returning from a great day of sight seeing. This was one of the few times I didn't read the TripAdvisor reviews first, I was wanting clams and my GPS sent me here. It was about 5 miles from the hotel i was staying at. Parking is scarce but there is a business parking lot that was closed so I parked there.
This pub is in a nice part of town and looks very inviting when entering. I sat at the bar and got immediate service. I had a dozen Baked clams and ordered a dozen steamed and the bartender (Jill, I think) said they had a special on a second dozen steamed for half-price so I had 2 dozen. The food came with a basket of warm bread and real butter.
I also had a Blue Moon beer and the total price was about $21.00. What a bargain! The service was excellent, the atmosphere was comfortable and the clams were delicious!
I later read the reviews and it appears the other items on the menu are just as good. I recommend trying this place, thanks for the great meal, too bad the Phillies lost.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank WWWdotnotyoursdotcom
Philadelphia
“Great Fish in Nabe Bar/Restaurant”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Ate there last night. Two broiled combos, one flounder, one Special (Chilean Sea Bass). Perfectly executed on a busy night (Ash Wednesday). Sides were AOK & calamari appetizer was devoured. We didn't drink but softdrinks, and tab was a C-note. Felt like we were at the seashore with decor.

1 Thank Bajoba