“Dinner with my Wife”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2017

My wife and I visited this resturant on one of our very few nights out alone. La Cucina was recommended to us some time ago so we dcided to give it a try, and we were not dissapointed.
We were greeted by a very friendly member of staff and shown to cosey bar area where we culd view the menue and relax with a very decent wine.
Once we had made our choice we were shown to our table.
The food is amazing and we were very pleased with the choices we made.
The staff are attentive without being pushy and are very friendly and accomodating.
If I had one point of feedback it is that there was not much time between courses. I understood this once the resturant began to fill up to the point that footfall customers were turned away, which is testiement to the popularity of this returant.
We will certinly be visiting again in the near future to celebrate our sons engagement.

Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant never disappoints, lovely friendly staff, excellent service and fantastic food! I had fillet steak with vegetables, and sautéed potatoes. The Malbec was lovely too! Eaten here lots of times before, and never had a bad meal. The fish is always lovely and not to forget the pizza and pasta......... one of my favorite places to eat, and lovely location.

Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is a great find and we will be sure to return. The food is extremely good and the service attentive. Unfortunately we were too full to try the desserts. Uphill is a very nice location for an independent restaurant.

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

Visited with a group of work colleagues on a Friday night and was welcomed into the bar area, which was cosy. We were informed our table was ready and promptly shown to it. I was asked by the waitress if I would like a drink so ordered a glass of white wine-(all of the other party had got one before I arrived, so it was just me who ordered). We all took our seats and were given menus. We were all chatting and discussing what food looked good and it must have been around 10 minutes until my wine arrived. I did feel this was quite a long time. There only seemed to be the 1 waitress working the whole restaurant, so understand she probably had a lot to do. She was friendly and polite nevertheless. We all ordered our food with some of us having starters-all arrived in good time and was hot and of a really good standard. We did also have to wait a little while when I asked for the bill but again the waitress was obviously busy and apologetic.
Overall the food was excellent, I just prefer a little more attentive service, this won't stop me coming back soon with the hubby and I will be recommending as a brilliant Italian restaurant in Weston.

Reviewed July 27, 2017

Excellent food and good value.
Very homely. Very good attentive service.
Would recommend for couples and family meal.