“Never again, disgusting. Used Condom Wrappers!”

Days Inn Clearfield
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Clearfield
Clearfield, PA
“Never again, disgusting. Used Condom Wrappers!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2009

I wouldn't suggest this hotel too anybody. I couldn't find a good thing about it, except the price. but it's not even worth that much. I haven't ever even heard of this hotel until my friend brought it up & I've lived in Clearfield almost all of my life. If you've ever been to Clearfield, it's not that big.
Problem Number 1.) The hotel looked like a beat down party shack. The best part about it is the lobby, and the restaurant.
Problem Number 2.) We found dirty condom wrappers underneath the bed, which was absolutely disgusting. Common curtsy, I did throw them away.
Problem Number 3.) We tried getting a disposable razor, they wouldn't give us one.
Problem Number 4.) The vending & soda machines took our money numerous times and so we told management and they just told us to come back the following week to get our money back.
Problem Number 5.) They stressed so much about us partying & being noisy, however the people across the hall blared their t.v.s until 1, 2, 3, in the morning. Then back up at 8 & did it again.
Problem Number 6.) The heat in the room totally sucked! We froze 90% of the night & was miserable the whole time.
Problem Number 7.) We rented two rooms, both of the telephones in the room were disconnected. So if we wanted anything, or had a problem. You had to walk a mile to the front desk.

I wouldn't suggest this place too anybody.
The price might be low but the days inn is right up the street for a couple dollars more.
& it's nothing like this.
AND if somethings wrong, they'll give you a different room or do everything they can too fix the problem.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2008

We were passing through the area and just needed an affordable place to spend the night. This place was the lowest priced of all the places we had stayed in over our 2 weeks of travel and yet it was the cleanest and quietest with great TV selection, a really nice indoor swimming pool, a beautiful view, and very friendly people. There is a restaurant in the building that will deliver to your room, and there is also a truck stop nearby that has delicious all-you-can-eat buffet. For those of us on a budget, this is a great stop.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — lighting in hallway
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2007

Let me start by saying the only reason this place got 1 star is because there isn't a lower choice. Seriously the worst place I've ever stayed at in my life.
We booked our reservation online and had the confirmation information and set out on our trip... When we arrived at this place there was 1 dim light on outside at night and 1 car in the parking lot. That was sign #1 this was not going to be good. It's also next to a truck stop with a nice dusty dirt parking area for all the rigs.
Went in and attempted to check in, they had all the reservations messed up and the incorrect information. It was also almost as cold in the lobby as it was outside (25F) and the person behind the desk was just about sitting on a kerosene heater to keep warm. Sign #2.
After getting things straight enough to check in we made our way to our room. After entering the outside doors into the interior hallways I thought I was still outside temp.-wise. As we entered the room I noticed the light switch on the wall from 1952 or so and a bathroom that was at least as old. Oh and it was about 40F in there with no heat on. Sign #3.
Put down the bag and turned on the heat. Fan kicked on and about 15 minutes later it started to blow warm air out 1 side. Worse than a tiny fan next to your bed at night if you know what I mean.
Went over to the window and peeked out the curtains to check out the view.... Sign #4..... a brick wall. Not kidding, a brick wall right outside the window. We were looking into the breezeway between two buildings. I was fed up at this point but thankfully we got a good rate on this stay, WAY cheaper than others so we stuck to it and figured it's just a place to sleep. NEVER AGAIN.

Please, even if you are looking for the cheapest place around just to stop for a night or whatever.... DON'T DO IT.
We were talking with a waitress in a diner in town the next day and she said the super 8 would have been better and still cheap.

Oh by the way... the "heated indoor pool".... when asked the first time about it a friend was told, "it's winter time". To which she replied, "it's a HEATED indoor pool'. Then the next answer we got was, "we're having problems with it". I guess you would when there is no water in it and it looks like a dirty fishbowl that someone put in the attic and just let dry up on it's own.

I've said enough...

• Liked — Honestly..... LEAVING
  • Disliked — The whole feel of the place.... just horrible
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank OccasionalTravelerPa
redcarpetsales, sales manager at Days Inn Clearfield, responded to this review, July 18, 2008
We are under new management and ownership. It is unfortunate that this guest did not enjoy their stay, however, we have made many improvements to the property and hotel. New managment is critical, and we have the team and staff to make everyones stay here the best!

Travelers are raving about these Clearfield hotels

new york
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2007

Pulled into clearfield ever so tired around 2 am; for some god unknown reason every single hotel was booked up down 80 (homecomming weekend at the local colleges i was told) The sign said there was an econo lodge at this exit, though I could not find one. After trying every hotel and being turned away, I found a hidden dirt road (more like a path) which took me around some shed and parking lot full of trucks, and sure enough after winding around nothing i could make out do to the darkness, alas there it was, the econo lodge, at what appeared from a distance to be a hidden oasis, looked more like a dated 1920s off road motel as i trecked out of the car into the lobby, with the ever present tag line "please tell me you have vacancies" ready. Much to my releif (for the moment) they did. At first I assumed it was cause noone on earth could find this poorly located 100+ room property off the interstate, though, one step through the door, i began to think otherwise. The furnature was very old, and looks like no one sat on it in the lobby since the place was built. The building looked worn, used, and dated. The stench of mildew was piercing. There were conferance rooms (one room was used for the continental breakfast.. nothing more then a pitcher of oj in a small fridge and english muffins if i remember correctly) despite the staff being very friendly and welcoming. Id have to say in all honesty, the best part about this place was the staff, as due to my very late check in they gave me the rockbottom price, 60 plus tax for this particular weekend. Truely, a motel 6 hotel, at a not motel 6 price. The ceilings were uncommonly low, the rooms very very basic, thank god the tv worked. The lamp in my room was not plugged in, along with the fact 2 lights didnt work. No elevator either (at least i didnt see one) so if you are handicapped just hope you dont get a 2nd floor room. Strange though, they said many people were staying at the hotel that wekeend, yet, I did not seem to notice alot of people. Interesting enough were the room windows, very large giving the feeling you have a balcony, yet they do not open. In the morning I decided to check out the pool. Doors locked. I figured it was due to maintenence as looking in from the window it look insanely neglected. The nice woman at the front desk told me enthusiastically "Oh it should be open, they should have opened it already" I tried again, and went around inside ythe little courtyard area, on one door the lock (which was a bicycle chain) slipped off, and the door opened, yet upon me walking in the mildew hit me so hard my stomach turned into a bowling ball, let alone the fact the water was very cold and the whole area looked like it had not been touched in years.
The kind woman who checked me in told me this hotel used to be the best western when they opened, then ramada, now econo lodge, and in a year or so they will be bought out againj by an up and comming southern chain "red carpet". I used to travel though PA and stop in clearfield all the time, as this hotel was the first noticed up the hill by the attractive illuminating "best western" sign. years have passed, and this place has been tried over and over, though I assume no major chain has really kicked in a serious investment. Lets hope who ever comes along next and buys is out will rennovate appropriatly, and when they do they can proudly have an entrace that is noticable off the interstate. Its not an all out dump, but i would not pay more then 30 bucks to crash here, like i said, its a motel 6, at a holiday inn price. Even the housekeeping seemed lax, as if they dont feel they should bother. By the looks of it this place was built with high expectations (100 rooms, indoor pool, conferance rooms) yet never fulfilled its promise. I look forward to seeing what the next step is for this place, but untill then, i wouldnt pay more then 30, home comming week or not,. Websters 2007 definition "neglected: BestwestRamadOdge clearfield"

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — poor location off the highway
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank speedotorpedo
Under new ownership and management. Renovations and improvements to the hotel. We have a great team of management and workers to give the guest the best!
NYC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2007

I made the reservation through Choicehotels.com - the parent company - and what we found when we arrived was horrendous. The room & bath were filthy, the decor was, no kidding, 25 years old - the wood & textiles were faded, and a dank smell permeated the hotel. We left immediately. The place should be condemned. I do not say this lightly. Avoid this hotel like the plague.

• Stayed September 2007
    • Check in / front desk
It is unfortunate that this guest did not enjoy their stay, However, this hotel is under new management and ownership, with a team of management and people who will go the extra mile for the guests.
Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2007

For those who do not know, this hotel was the Ramada Inn a couple of years ago. The bathrooms were a little moldy then and they still are. Our room was pretty clean, but my in-laws had the adjacent room and it had not been cleaned. The coffee pot had stale coffee in it when they checked in. Also, the carpet had not been vacuumed. Their towels were not changed the next day and the coffee was still in the pot, indicating that no one had cleaned their room. The pool is not heated as indicated on the web site. The morning we went for breakfast, there was cereal, minimuffins and toast, but no coffee in the room. There was some coffee in the lobby, but no tea. Overall, this hotel may have been very nice at one time, but it is not being maintained very well.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
I am sorry that this guest did not come this year. The hotel is under new ownership and management with a team of people who work hard to make the guests stay as comfortable, and enjoyable as possible.
Lock Haven, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2005

I just stayed overnight at this hotel and was quite pleased. The only problem I had was trying to find it, at first, because it's a distance from the road and the sign on route 879 was small. Once I located it, though, everything was fine. It was very quiet, room was quite clean, staff was attentive. I stayed there because of attending the Clearfield County Fair, which is a few miles to the south. I would recommend this hotel...they had a continental breakfast available but a number of fast food and other restaurants were within a short driving distance. There is a Mexican restaurant on the premises but I didn't eat there.

• Stayed July 2005