“A bowling alley with beds” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   150 Hotel Heights, Clearfield, PA 16830 (Formerly Country Hearth Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Clearfield
Michigan
“A bowling alley with beds”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

You walk down the halls and the first thing you notice is that the trim around the doors looks like a third grader painted them. We approached our room and noticed a non-smoking room sign on our door. We opened the door and noticed that strong smoke odor like you use to smell in bowling alleys. Our NON-SMOKING room had an ashtray on the table???? I called to complain so I didn't get charged for smoking in a non-smoking room....no offer to change our room. My wife is pretty sure we were lying on the box springs and not a mattress. There was blood on our bed spread. Cobwebs galore. Water damage all over the room. The bathroom ceiling had repair work...but they just rubbed some drywall compound on it...didn't bother to finish the work. So we turned on the AC unit to attempt to clear the air in the room...that made it worse...so at 3 am while still lying awake on the box springs I finally got up and asked for a new room. They moved us (why didn't they offer before) to another room....no remote for the TV. This room was a non-smoking room but was more filthy than the first. I usually don't take the time to write negative reviews but this place is a DUMP!!!! Spend the extra money to stay somewhere else especially if you are traveling with females....my wife was more disgusted than I was and it takes a lot to bother me.

Room Tip: avoid DAYS INN...there properties are crap
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bumpy837

Windsor
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Down a dimly light road - did not recognize the lobby entrance, carpet in room was heavily stained, did not clean room on a 2 night stay, found the no smoking signs on door was with Velcro and could be easily remove with a smoking sign underneath, on return 2nd night a person was sitting on the floor in the hall several rooms way talking on cell phone, following morning notice cigarette butt on floor about a foot outside our door - a non smoking room - the emergency exit sheet on the door read EconoLodge. I have stay at Days Inn often and this is by far the worst place I have ever stayed. AFTER I wrote this I read "Disgusting" and could have written the same thing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Clearfield hotels

New England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We used the travel coupon, and had to pay extra for a second person and 2 beds. What a rip-off! The blankets were the worst I've seen, anywhere. Worn and pill-y! Dirty, worn carpet, bathroom door would not close entirely. There was a used wash cloth left on the shower curtain from the last guest. There was always water on the floor by the toilet, and its lid was broken.We had a connecting door to the next room, and we could see light around the edges. Outside doors had no security lock. The continental breakfast was poor. Bagels disintegrated when cutting them apart, toaster did not brown, coffee was weak. Fresh fruit? One orange, several apples. I should have read these other reviews before paying.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Irvine, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The staff/person in the front door was very friendly.we had leftovers from the dinner (which we had on way)and they allowed us to use the Microwave in their dining area -and that too at 11-before mid-night.
Most of the time Days Inn had refrigerators-this did not have-not that we needed since we were supposed to leave early next morning .. but that was little unexpected! Mattress was UN-comfortable but then we were there for 1 night :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I really hate to say this but in the lobby was a sign - the newest Days Inn. Well, maybe the newest Days Inn but actually the most disgusting room I ever stayed in. It was late when we arrived and the drive to the place was very like a junk yard as well. The front desk reception was ok. There were many unsavory individuals sitting around outside on cell phones. The outside door leading to the room that we received was unlocked and not very sturdy either. The room door was like an interior door in a home not the usual secure type door at a motel. There was an adjoining room and you could see the light from the other room shining through. Although no smoking, the room clearly smelled of stale smoke. The bedspread that I wouldn't even touch had cigarette holes in it as well as the blanket being torn. (my spouse removed these from the bed) The sheets seemed clean. The rugs were dirty and worn out. The bathroom had cigarette burn stains on the counter , the sink dripped and did not have a drain cover. The floors were dirty with cobwebs as well. I did not want to sleep here. I wanted to go to sleep in our vehicle but felt unsafe due to the people lurking about. I wanted to go to the main desk to have the room changed but my spouse didn't want to make an issue. I slept in my clothes, got up at 6 am and we left. We did not eat any of their breakfast and I do not know that quality. This most likely was a motel taken over by Days Inn and perhaps in the process of being redone but no way should it have been open providing dirty rooms to customers. Days Inn is a nationwide chain that we have stayed at (other places) and no problem. They should be paying people to stay there not charging.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearfield
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearfield
Budget Inn Clearfield
Budget Inn Clearfield
#7 of 9 in Clearfield
3.5 of 5 stars 34 reviews

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!