“Convenient and inexpensive”

Budget Inn Clearfield
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Clearfield
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This place is handy for Penn State games. You're only 30 minutes away and there is literally no traffic there or back. The rooms are clean and not smelly as others claim. There is a great little diner across the parking lot for some quick food before or after the road. Sheetz isn't 2 miles away either.

Also within 2 miles is Denny's Beer Barrel. I had no clue such a renowned place sat so far tucked up in Pa. Awesome beers on tap and incredible burgers.

I plan on staying here again next week for the Penn State Nebraska game too.

This was an all around pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed September 14, 2013

The place must be 60 years old, but the condition is excellent for its age. Very clean. Super cheap. About 5 minutes from I-80 past places that might be $30-40-50 more per night, yet not a whole bunch better if at all.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stopped for one night en route to New York and, overall, everything was just fine. It's definitely no frills -- nothing fancy -- but for two exhausted travelers who arrived after a five-hour drive at 11:30 p.m., it suited our needs: a clean bed, a working bathroom, a quiet room. We stayed in the pet-free portion of the motel, which did not have an individual entrance, but could park close to the room. The air conditioning unit worked well!

The gentleman at the front desk was very nice in accommodating our (very) late arrival. For the price, you really can't beat it -- and it felt like a safe and quiet location. Easy to find off the major roadways, and easy to get back on the road to our final destination. I would stay here again, especially for the price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MarylandCupcakelover
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were traveling west on I-80 and decided to stop on clearfield. We had a travel book with coupons, and this particular one said exit 123 off 80, which took us through back roads to find the hotel. When we checked in, they wouldn't let us use the coupon because he said it was for "a single bed" and all they had left was 2 beds. The man asked us several times about pets, we kept saying we don't have any.. Very annoying. Our room was typical, no batteries in smoke alarm, what seemed like a hand towel on the bathroom window and a plastic cup of who knows what behind the toilet. (Pics) needless to say, I would've rather paid a little more and stayed at the hotel down the street.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank WhereWillIBeToDay
Reviewed July 31, 2013

For the price (I paid $35 with the coupon from the interstate travel guide), it was very good value. The room was clean and adequate and the area was very quiet. It was also next door to a restaurant which made it very convenient.. For a decent night sleep that doesn't cost alot this place met all my expectations..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Frederick S
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was looking for a cheap place to stop in for one night as we passed through. The decor and condition was basically what I had expected from a $50/night hotel room. I don't think the room was vacuumed but everything else looked clean enough.
My biggest issues were safety related. We were a late arrival at about 10pm and it was just me (a female) and my 4 year old daughter. The woman behind the counter made me tell her my cell number and then announced what room number we were in, even though a man had come in after us and the lobby is terribly small. I was uneasy enough that I put a chair up against the door in our room.
The only window in the room was in the bathroom, and the curtain did not cover the window completely (see pic). Also, as I was laying in bed the next morning I realized that the batteries in the smoke detector had been taken out (see pic). This is unacceptable which is why I gave them such a bad rating. I then noticed the rather odd and presumptuous envelope/letter (see pic) from the maid. I said the room was "clean enough," I never said it was spotless.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2013

First of all, why are hotels on I-80 so expensive in Pennsylvania? Seriously, This hotel was the cheapest by a long-shot. Every hotel on that highway was 90 dollars or more, even some crappy chain hotels charging as much as 160/night. No Thanks Holiday Inn! So we yelped to find a hotel under 100 dollars and this was pretty much the only one that came up. When driving from northern Maine to Indiana a stop was necessary. After camping for a week in Acadia National Park any room with a shower and bed was acceptable. This place is a dive of sorts, but its so cheap who cares? All I wanted to do was sleep and shower and this place helped me accomplish this goal. I think this place is run by a friendly Hare Krishna group, and here is what you need to expect; the office smells strongly of moth balls and the pillows on the bed are no picnic. The showers are very out of date like perhaps from the 50's or 60's but are not cool in a mod-retro way. When getting off of 80 there is a bit of a jaunt to get to the hotel, we cruised for a 5-10 minutes into a steamy forest and thought we may be getting off track don't be scared, just keep going, when you leave in the morning to get back on the highway its only a few minutes to get back on the road. I would definitely recommend this for a stopover intended only to sleep. There a school or church across the road and another random hotel next door, but there isn't much else around. Also I would like to thank the family for letting us check in so late, around 2 or 3 AM it was really awesome because we were so tired and couldn't dream of paying so much for a night

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple