“So new it had new hotel smell”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearfield
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Clearfield
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here based on the #1 tripadvisor rating and it definitely deserves it. The room was so new it had new hotel smell, kind of like new car smell. Big, clean, and decent breakfast (although not top notch), but definitely a great stay.

1  Thank Aloha_Eric
ExpressGM16830, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. We rely on our guests to share their experiences which assist potential guests in selecting the hotel and accomodations that are right for them. We have been opened for 6 weeks now and upon entering the hotel everyday I still enjoy the "new hotel smell" just as you have mentioned. I'm glad to hear that you've had a great stay and the accomodations suited your needs. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

New, sparkling clean, very comfortable hotel and a great value. Good location too. We enjoyed our stay very much! We booked this hotel based on previous reviewer comments and we weren't disappointed! I may become a Holiday Inn frequent stay member if all Expresses are like this one.

2  Thank canadianbeagleNY
ExpressGM16830, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

I'm glad to hear that you had enjoyed you stay with our hotel very much and had taken the time to share your experience with us and other potential guests! Reading through your review, I saw that you booked our hotel based upon a previous reviewers comments and I'm pleased that we met your expectations. I hope that you will continue to frequent our brand as well as our location here in Clearfield! We value your feedback and look forward to see you again!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We happened to find this wonderful hotel by chance. When we arrived we found out this hotel was only opened two weeks ago. Even though it was new it was beautifully decorated and had all the amenities one could ask for. The double queen beds in the room were above nice, the nicest I have seen and slept on in a long time. The pool and fitness room were well equipped with top notch equipment. The sitting area outside was very comfortable with couches and tables for relaxing after driving all day. The staff were extremely friendly, knowledgable and helped us find a nice place to eat. And talking about eating...there were fresh baked cookies and complimentary lemonade, coffee, and snacks available in the lobby when we arrived. The breakfast was also very nice with hot eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes and sausage gravy with biscuits. There ere also pastries, yogurts, juices and so much more. One would expect to pay a lot more than what we did. I will definitely stay there again if in the area!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank kpthelen

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We are dedicated to providing our guests with a memorable experience and we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. I am glad to hear that your accommodations with the double queen beds had suited your needs in addition to the other amenities we offer such as the relaxing indoor heated pool and fitness center. I am also glad that you had the opportunity to relax on our outdoor patio area while enjoying the fresh baked cookies, snacks and refreshments we offer to our guests! I hope that you also enjoyed your time in Clearfield and we would love to hear all about it the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

The hotel is brand new and wonderful. Beats the worn out courtyard hands down. I travel for business over 175 nights a year and this hotel surprised me on a family road trip. The beds are awesome, the service friendly and overall a great stay. We had a suite and it included a pull out for the kids, a fridge and a microwave as well. If you need a place along I-80 in PA keep driving for this great place on industrial drive.

Room Tip: The suite is nice with fridge and microwave plus a pullout for the kids so the adults get a comfy ki...
1  Thank ShoTrace
ExpressGM16830, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for your detailed review of your stay with our hotel! I greatly appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to share with us your experience and the recommendations of our hotel to other potential guests! We are driven to providing the best service and accomodations to all of our guests and seek to exceed the expectations of our business and leisure travelers alike. I also would like to thank you for describing the room type you stayed in as this will assist other guests who may have the same room type reserved. I'm glad you overall had a great stay and we look forward to hosting your future lodging needs whether your are traveling on business or on a family road trip!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I stay in many hotels during the year, including 5-star hotels. But our favorite hotel stay in 2013 was when we visited this Holiday Inn Express. The rooms were spacious and clean, the facility was in great shape, but what really set it apart was the "service with a smile" approach by all of the staff. I can't say enough positive things about this hotel. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank aqualoaf
ExpressGM16830, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

I would like to thank you for your kind review of our hotel. It is our consistent goal to ensure that our guests are always satisfied with their accomodations. We consider our guests as part of our family and the staff works diligently to ensure that our guests and hotel are well taken care of. I appreciate you taking the time to recognize our staff for their hard work and assure that we will always be here to provide the best quality and "service with a smile". We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I usually stay at Mariotts. We stayed at Mariott Falls View in Niagra and the one at 59th and 3rd
In Manhattan this week. They were nice as always, but this was right up there. Staff was outstanding and the location is essentially new. I will stay here any time I'm heading throuth I80 east or west. Totally professional!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Bill0351
ExpressGM16830, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very pleased to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us! Our new Holiday Inn Express just opened on July 30, 2013. The entire staff is very dedicated towards the satisfaction of our guests and it is appreciated that they are acknowledged for their hard work. I have shared your thoughtful review with the staff and it has certainly made everyone smile! We enjoyed having you as our guest! We await your return visit back to the Clearfield area and look forward to accommodating your next stay!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Super nice hotel, brand new! Staff was very nice and professional. Nice sitting area outside (no smoking, no alcohol)? Front desk was great and allowed early check in when the room was clean. Nice layout to the hotel, 3 floors, breakfast area and an indoor pool.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank daisy20071960

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad that you were able to explore the different areas of the hotel and provide us with your feedback. We are always more than happy to accommodate a guest with early check in when it is available and we're glad that we could do so with your reservation on the day of your arrival! I am glad that you also had the opportunity to enjoy the outdoor patio area which is nice for relaxing and spending time with friends and family. Our hotel is 100% non-smoking, however, there are areas outside available for guests who wish to smoke. I hope you will give us the opportunity to host your lodging needs in the future and would look forward to see you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearfield
Best Western Plus Clearfield
#2 of 10 in DuBois
19 mi away
Homewood Suites by Hilton DuBois
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dubois

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearfield? Share your experiences!