“Great Breakfast”

Dutch Pantry
Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in Clearfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I've been traveling to Clearfield for quite a few years and this past Memorial weekend. My family had breakfast and everything was great. The food was cooked the way we ordered it. The waitress was friendly and service was good. Will stop in the next time in Clearfield and try dinner.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

On our cross-country trip from Oregon to Pennsylvania we stopped in Clearfield to fuel up and have lunch. I passed up the usual chain fast food restaurants for the Dutch Pantry because I thought I might find something different there that would be a nice change. I did! I found cabbage rolls on the menu and immediately ordered them. Although they were different than the Latvian cabbage rolls I have every year at the Latvian Holiday Bazaar in Beaverton, Oregon, they were still quite flavorful and generously sized. They were accompanied by "real" mashed potatoes with gravy, my choice of vegetable and a dinner roll.

The meal also came with a choice of either rice pudding, bread pudding or ice cream.The menu also offered a wide variety of other homemade desserts including apple dumplings and various pies, cakes and sweet rolls. I was so full I opted for just a dish of vanilla ice cream. Ironically, that was the only thing that did not meet my expectations. I don't know if the ice cream was dished up when the meal was ordered then left to sit while I ate or if the freezer was going out or something. Although it still held its shape, the ice cream was just a minute or two shy of becoming soup. I would recommend that if you want to order a frozen dessert, you let the waitress know if you prefer it to be firm.

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Excellent fresh homemade food. We visiting this place every time when we traveling here. I waiting for next visit.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We were looking for a homemade meal after traveling from Indiana. Looks can be deceiving. I had a turkey manhatten, my husband had the veal and my son had a chicken something. Everything we had was either out of a can or frozen. The decor was in desperate need of an update and the restroom was dirty. We should have gone to the local McDonalds.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

We ordered take-out food to eat in our hotel room. Service was fast and the food was really good. Their turkey dinner plate was delicious. It really tasted like home made.