“My First B&B Experience”
Review of Victorian Loft

Victorian Loft
Ranked #1 of 3 Clearfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I have been traveling with my work for over thirty-five years and, before now, have never stayed at a B&B. At the recommendation of a friend I stayed at the Victorian B&B. I am so glad that I did. I really enjoyed it. It was not just a stay, it was an experience. Tim and Peggy made you feel like it was your home. The place is absolutely beautiful inside and out. And the breakfast was wonderful. You won't get this kind of breakfast just anywhere. The Durants are wonderful folks and I highly recommend staying at their B&B. If you get a chance and you want something different, stay with them. And the prices are very reasonable as well.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Perry R
atleast10hats, Owner at Victorian Loft, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

Thank you, Perry. We hope your first B&B experience is not your last! We loved hosting your visit and appreciate that you took the time to write a review about your experience. Best regards, Peggy

There are newer reviews for Victorian Loft

Reviewed October 17, 2011

I live in the area where the Victorian Loft is located and have arranged for my family members, when visiting, to stay there - accommodations are excellent with plenty of charm, the breakfasts are super, and the host and hostess are wonderful. Their knowledge of the area and places to visit is really beneficial for anyone staying there - being from this area, I was surprised at what I didn't know! I highly recommend anyone contemplating a trip here to book their accommodations with Peggy at the Victorian Loft.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Patricia M
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I have stayed at excellent B&Bs from New York to Napa, California, and the Victorian Loft tops my list of favorites! My cousin and I have stayed there several times and my husband and I have also visited. The accommodations and breakfasts are wonderful! "Lydia's Room" is the epitome of comfort, with two large comfy beds, lovely Victorian decor, and a bath arrangement that is, in itself, worth the trip. Home made fruit juices, fresh fruit, luscious baked goods (the aroma scents the air every evening when we arrive 'home'), local meats, and beautiful souffles, stuffed French toast, and other equally stunning entrees, make every morning a delight. My last stay of 4 nights was much too short. I'm glad we have family in the area and can anticipate many happy returns to Peggy and Tim's hospitality!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Mary K
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We stayed at the Victorian loft on the way back from a wedding. We arrived late at night and our lovely host made us feel so much at home. The upstairs loft is HUGE. 3 bedrooms and a kitchen and huge jet tub made us feel like we had all the space we needed for a true rest.

I just loved the breakfast. So healthy. She presses fruit from her backyard into healthy juice. She made a fantastic fruit salad, wonderful homemade bread, and her own plum jam. Very cozy and wonderfully charming.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We stayed on the third floor suite which as great. I would be perfect for a family with children because there are 3 separate sleeping areas, a sitting room, small kichenette, and bathroom. The bathroom only has a hand held shower so you have to take a bath and use the hand-held in the tub. It was a unique experience. The breakfast was wonderful. The owners were very pleasant and waited up for our late arrival. I would definitely stay there again. I just need an excuse to go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
atleast10hats, Owner at Victorian Loft, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2011

Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you come back someday.

I wanted to add that the bathtub with the hand held shower is a large double whirlpool bath. Due to the nature of the Loft Suite we were unable to install a stand-up shower, so we hoped the double-whirlpool with the hand-held shower would serve the needed purpose.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

Passing by Clearfield, PA on my road trip down to DC and I found Victorian Loft highly rated so I decided to give it a try. The location was easy to find and Peggy made my short stopover very comfortable. Room was a good size and very good looking! The breakfast in the morning was also awesome with fruit mix, pancakes, sausage, coffee cake, fresh juice and I believe everything was local and made by Peggy.

I will definitely come back if I decide to do another roadtrip!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2011

My familiy and i are from Denmark. We were traveling from Niagara to Washington DC.
I found this bed and breakfast on the internet before we travel from Denmark.
I can only recommend this place. Peggy and Tim were the best host. They are so nice.
We stayed at the loft suite, i lovely apartment with 3 rooms, nice rooms and beautiful. When we arrived there were home backed cookies. Candy in every room, the kids loved it :)
The refrigridrator was filled with soda, juice and mllk. There was also cookies and chocolate we could by for a very small amount. There were very clean, we could not ask for more.
Even though, the last day we were there, i get some infection in my eye, and Peggy did every thing to help me.
While my family could stay in the room, she drove me to the ER and stayed there all the time to help and guide me.
She was so helpful, one of the review i reed before we leave Denmark was: You arrive as strangers and leave as friends. I can only say that it is true.
And i most not forget to tell about the breakfast, that was just the best. Fruitsalat, homebaked bread, and fresh made juice.

Stay there, you will not regret it...

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family