“Clean Motel, great prices.”
Review of Super 8 Clearfield

Super 8 Clearfield
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Clearfield
Syracuse, New York
“Clean Motel, great prices.”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We stayed here for one night. Its a clean place, very basic but very well maintained. Good for a one night quick stop. Rooms were kept very clean, bed was comfortable, bathrooms were clean and the shower in the morning was refreshing. Breakfast is basic but good. Overall a good stay. Would definitely recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of this place. We were in what appeared to be a recently renovated room. Nice TV, good heat/fan controls. Very basic breakfast in the morning but served it's purpose. Also had large vehicle parking which we needed. They could not match the online AARP rate when we arrived, so we booked online while standing at the registration desk.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I sure wasn't expecting much out of this budget hotel, but I could not have been more surprised when I checked in. Front desk area was attractive and the personnel polite, welcoming and helpful. We requested a room on the second floor and were accommodated immediately.

Upon entering our room, I was happy to see it was clean, roomy and recently remodeled. Even the hallways smelled nice. There were two queen beds, a microwave, coffee pot and a dorm sized fridge. The only complaint I had was the mattresses were a bit hard, but the pillows were comfy. This is a very minor complaint I was certainly not hesitate to stay here again.

The continental breakfast was very nice. They had cereal, pastries, yogurt, oatmeal, toast, french toast and waffles. Beverages included milk, orange juice, apple juice, hot chocolate and coffee. It was a very nice spread arranged very neatly and the whole eating area was very clean and comfortable.

If you need an inexpensive place to stay for a quick trip through the area, this is certainly a good choice.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Virginia
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We were traveling with twin infants and needed a place to sleep halfway to our destination. I was impressed with the reviews of this motel and when we arrived, I wasn't disappointed. The room was large enough for our two pack-n-plays. Everything was clean and the woman at the front desk was friendly. The high speed internet worked well, too! Definitely a great value.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Bath
Reviewed October 31, 2011

The only thing negative about this place is the location and that is only if you want to walk. It is immediately off the highway. Staff was helpful, room was very clean. For $62 including the dog, how can you beat it.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Giff13
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Traveling from Ohio to Connecticut and left late in day so needed a fair priced hotel for sleep. Used trip advisor and reviews to locate this hotel. Reviews accurate on cleanliness, price, friendliness of staff, and comfort of room. We called the 800 number to see about room reservation and were told they were full. We stopped anyway bc reviews and price were what we wanted. They had a suite left and price still excellent for room size, etc. Bed comfortable and clean. Relieved no bedbugs found. Showers hot. Breakfast good. McDonald's next door within easy walk. Pet friendly.

• Stayed October 2011
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I booked a room months in advance for a Penn State game. They were already price gouging customers on other sites, but I booked via a membership site. So the price wasn't bad. However, I booked a double non-smoking room. When I showed up, they gave me a single. They told me they were overbooked and that it was my fault because I didn't list how many people would be in the room. When I said a single was not what I paid for, they gave me a double smoking room, which smelled terrible.

Room Tip: The restaurants in the town are great. Denny's Beer Barrel Pub and Dutch Pantry are both highly...