“Very nice hotel with all services, comfy bed, basic breakfast...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nichols Village Hotel & Spa

Nichols Village Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Clarks Summit
Colebrook, New Hampshire
“Very nice hotel with all services, comfy bed, basic breakfast...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

I was pleased with this hotel... Don't listen to your GPS though!!! On I-81 take exit 194 and follow Clark Summit signs... The hotel is right in front of Burger King....

Very courteous customer service (Althought all clerk's question seem to take forever since it was late and I was exhausted...).

Very comfortable bed, nice flat screen tv and good size small fridge...

The Internet is not the best and was hard to get on it... Maybe I was too far from their wifi router???

Pretty basic breakfast with all necessary items: yogurt, oatmeal, cereals, hard boiled eggs, coffee, waffle and pastries... I've seen better but also a lot worst!!!

Bazil restaurant next door... I was to late to visit but seem really nice Althought quite pricey looking at their menu in the room.... However, make sure to show them your room key to get 10% off on your meal (as per the hotel clerk).

Laundry facilities, indoor pool and fitness center in other building (go on 3rd floor, take the bridge and go down to 2nd floor for fitness or laundry... Pool is on 3rd floor...)

This must be a great place for massage or spa but didn't have time to explore these options...

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank benoitleblanc
Robert12084, General Manager at Nichols Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review.I am glad you enjoyed your stay.The bazil restaurant is very good.We di have a full service spa on property and the massages are very good

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Smyrna
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed in the hotel on Friday, October 19. Arrived in a driving rain storm, pulled up to the lobby and was the third person in line to check in. The front desk person was kind but extremely understaffed. It took over 15 minutes to check in, while she checked in three rooms, took two calls from guest rooms. I got my room keys and was sent to the Chestnut building. Pulled around to the back, and we got out in the seperate lot. The conditions of the pavement are dangerous, in the rain, you couldn't see the potholes. My two year old fell, and at 10:30 at night was now crying and soaking wet.

We made it into the room, which was fairly clean, although the tiles have a large build up of mildew. Got to sleep and we were ok. On Saturday morning, went to the breakfast area. The man who was stocking the food said it was his first time doing this. We wanted more waffle mix, and he said he didn't know where that was. The coffee was also dry, the woman from the front desk took control and filled it.

Was very excited when I saw the trip advisor award on arrival, I trust the hotel when I see that, I assume the breakfast was a one off. The parking lot needs attention, its dangerous in the rain. You can't see whats a puddle vs pavement vs the mulched area.

Room Tip: Up front if possble
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dooner78

Travelers are raving about these Clarks Summit hotels

Orchard park
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Hlello again. I was the one who wrote on August 27 regarding Priceline disappointment with cost of our room. I appreciate your feedback and realize has nothing to do with you and we do look forward to our stay the next two days. We arrive tomorrow for our mini honeymoon and I am just wondering if there is anything special I may be able to order for our room....new husband....when we arrive.....I realize short notice....life has just been a bit busy!!!!’.

Ok so just back and I soooo very seldom write any bad review for any business since I am also a small business owner and always try to look for the best. I wrote the above review ...but for some reason I do not think it was ever posted. Soooo very confusing as to how to find our room. We had to go back twice to ask the desk where it was! Yes the room was nice and modernized. Comfy bed. Clean. Loved the duvets...that always makes a room seem cleaner. We checked in and were told we were in the presedential area...Wow! We were expecting something more but just your ordinary hotel room. The smell when you walked into the hallway was disgusting and every day and night they had the outside door hinged open ( hmmm safety issue when you are supposed to use your room key to get into that area). I really think they were trying to get the smell out. Breakfast buffet......rubber hard boiled eggs. No waffle mix available....no milk...had to find someone for our cereal...carpet was amazingly dirty with crumbs and such and at 9 am we were the only ones in there. Were told to make sure we get to the free cinnamon buns in evening ....well def a sysco or frozen product about the size of a small donut.......really hate leaving negative review but we will never return and have told many friends the Poconos has seen its day......so much for a quick get away honeymoon!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Norwich, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Returning again this year for the BBC homecoming, it was great to stay at Nichols village. The rooms are spacious and the beds are so comfortable. I sleep just like I was at home. Wonderful breakfast buffet. Pool was open late and early but we did not use it this time. Looking forward to next year's homecoming weekend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Robert12084, General Manager at Nichols Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.We have had a long relationship with BBC over the years and so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.Perhaps the next time you get a chance to stay with us you will have time to try our new full service Spa that is located in our Evergreen building
N.E. Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Our final night's stay on our way home from Cape Cod was at Nichols Village Hotel & Spa in Scranton, Pa. - What a lovely hotel! The rooms were spacious, clean, beds were comfortable, the breakfast buffet was very nice with plenty of choices. Our "Welcome Reception" was over and above - cheese & crackers, veggies, beer, wine, etc. - made our 48 passengers feel quite Welcome!! Dinner that evening was tasty - I had the beef, which was very good. The chicken entre was far too small (1/2 a chicken breast, chicken apparently had been dieting!) but the rest of the meal was quite good. Didn't seem to have enough staff to adequately cover our meal - some of our folks complained they did not get coffee when requested (pots on the tables when understaffed, would have worked). We would definitely stay at this property again, all in all, it was quite nice! The morning we left we were given a "kiss off" by the staff . . . a great big bowl of Hershey kisses were passed around on the bus - a very nice touch!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Robert12084, General Manager at Nichols Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.I remember your group well and it was iI who did your kiss off the next morning.I will addreess your concerns about the staffing with the banquet manager.The tour company is returning for another visit this weekend and we have increased the staff
Brevard, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

The Nichols Village Inn has easy access on/off the highway, yet is quiet inside. So, we found our room peaceful and quiet. We didn't find any negatives. Positives were: good wireless access in the room, comfortable bed with plenty of pillows, friendly service and competitive pricing. The free breakfast had eggs, bacon, waffles, toast, english muffins and regular muffins, fruit, orange juice, coffee, and cold cereal. So, the selection was pretty good. We'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thany you for posting your review.I so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.perhaps if you stay will us again you could take advantage of the full service Spa that we put in.
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at Nichols Village this summer and really appreciated the good value of the hotel at the discounted rate we paid. Yes, it does appear to be an older hotel, but it is still a nice hotel and well maintained. Parking was free and conveniently located, the staff was friendly and helpful, the room was very large, the beds were comfortable, the bathroom was spacious, and everything was acceptably clean. We loved the huge indoor heated pool as a great way to wind down before bed after being on the road all day. Breakfast in the morning was standard continental fare, but better than some free offerings, and the seating area had enough space for everyone. We would definitely stay here again when traveling on I-81 if the price was similar.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank splender28
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay will us.I do not know if you got the chance to try our Restaurant.Bazil is a fine dining italian restaurant that I am sure you will find very appealing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarks Summit
Comfort Inn
#2 of 6 in Clarks Summit
Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton
The Carbondale Grand Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Nichols Village Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!