“? For Robert General Manager 4 checkin tomorrow...”

Nichols Village Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Clarks Summit
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Hlello again. I was the one who wrote on August 27 regarding Priceline disappointment with cost of our room. I appreciate your feedback and realize has nothing to do with you and we do look forward to our stay the next two days. We arrive tomorrow for our mini honeymoon and I am just wondering if there is anything special I may be able to order for our room....new husband....when we arrive.....I realize short notice....life has just been a bit busy!!!!’.

Ok so just back and I soooo very seldom write any bad review for any business since I am also a small business owner and always try to look for the best. I wrote the above review ...but for some reason I do not think it was ever posted. Soooo very confusing as to how to find our room. We had to go back twice to ask the desk where it was! Yes the room was nice and modernized. Comfy bed. Clean. Loved the duvets...that always makes a room seem cleaner. We checked in and were told we were in the presedential area...Wow! We were expecting something more but just your ordinary hotel room. The smell when you walked into the hallway was disgusting and every day and night they had the outside door hinged open ( hmmm safety issue when you are supposed to use your room key to get into that area). I really think they were trying to get the smell out. Breakfast buffet......rubber hard boiled eggs. No waffle mix available....no milk...had to find someone for our cereal...carpet was amazingly dirty with crumbs and such and at 9 am we were the only ones in there. Were told to make sure we get to the free cinnamon buns in evening ....well def a sysco or frozen product about the size of a small donut.......really hate leaving negative review but we will never return and have told many friends the Poconos has seen its day......so much for a quick get away honeymoon!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Nichols Village Hotel & Spa

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Returning again this year for the BBC homecoming, it was great to stay at Nichols village. The rooms are spacious and the beds are so comfortable. I sleep just like I was at home. Wonderful breakfast buffet. Pool was open late and early but we did not use it this time. Looking forward to next year's homecoming weekend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Robert12084, General Manager at Nichols Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.We have had a long relationship with BBC over the years and so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.Perhaps the next time you get a chance to stay with us you will have time to try our new full service Spa that is located in our Evergreen building

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Our final night's stay on our way home from Cape Cod was at Nichols Village Hotel & Spa in Scranton, Pa. - What a lovely hotel! The rooms were spacious, clean, beds were comfortable, the breakfast buffet was very nice with plenty of choices. Our "Welcome Reception" was over and above - cheese & crackers, veggies, beer, wine, etc. - made our 48 passengers feel quite Welcome!! Dinner that evening was tasty - I had the beef, which was very good. The chicken entre was far too small (1/2 a chicken breast, chicken apparently had been dieting!) but the rest of the meal was quite good. Didn't seem to have enough staff to adequately cover our meal - some of our folks complained they did not get coffee when requested (pots on the tables when understaffed, would have worked). We would definitely stay at this property again, all in all, it was quite nice! The morning we left we were given a "kiss off" by the staff . . . a great big bowl of Hershey kisses were passed around on the bus - a very nice touch!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Robert12084, General Manager at Nichols Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.I remember your group well and it was iI who did your kiss off the next morning.I will addreess your concerns about the staffing with the banquet manager.The tour company is returning for another visit this weekend and we have increased the staff

Reviewed September 27, 2012

The Nichols Village Inn has easy access on/off the highway, yet is quiet inside. So, we found our room peaceful and quiet. We didn't find any negatives. Positives were: good wireless access in the room, comfortable bed with plenty of pillows, friendly service and competitive pricing. The free breakfast had eggs, bacon, waffles, toast, english muffins and regular muffins, fruit, orange juice, coffee, and cold cereal. So, the selection was pretty good. We'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thany you for posting your review.I so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.perhaps if you stay will us again you could take advantage of the full service Spa that we put in.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at Nichols Village this summer and really appreciated the good value of the hotel at the discounted rate we paid. Yes, it does appear to be an older hotel, but it is still a nice hotel and well maintained. Parking was free and conveniently located, the staff was friendly and helpful, the room was very large, the beds were comfortable, the bathroom was spacious, and everything was acceptably clean. We loved the huge indoor heated pool as a great way to wind down before bed after being on the road all day. Breakfast in the morning was standard continental fare, but better than some free offerings, and the seating area had enough space for everyone. We would definitely stay here again when traveling on I-81 if the price was similar.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank splender28

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay will us.I do not know if you got the chance to try our Restaurant.Bazil is a fine dining italian restaurant that I am sure you will find very appealing

Reviewed September 17, 2012

My friend and I stayed here two nights (Sept. '12) and it was alright. The rooms were clean and spacious and the hot breakfast was different. The eggs seemed artificial somehow but there was an assortment of bagels and muffins, waffles, cereals, and yogurts. The front desk people were very friendly. The hotel is just yards away from a 4 lane road which I didn't expect and I don't think the rooms were worthy of $135 a night although it was very quiet. We both had massages at their spa and that was awesome.

Room Tip: We were in rooms 151 and 152, which, oddly enough are on the third floor. These were at the end of...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Robert12084, Manager at Nichols Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time at the spa. We strive to make every guest comfortable and happy. I apologize the room was not what you expected. We hope you will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Took a five day/four night trip to the Scranton area with my family. We had a great time at the Inn. The heated pool was very warm and our rooms were outstanding. Special thanks to Kim and Megan for making our trip so special! Breakfast is adequate but the rest of the Inn is great. The kids enjoyed the 24 hour hot cocoa and the fresh baked cookies. The location of the Inn is second to none. It is located near malls and restaurants. We enjoy the proximity to the Waffle House and Sheetz. They do have a spa but we did not partake. This is one of my favorite hotels in the Scranton area and as you can see by my reviews, I do not just give all the hotels great reviews. They have to earn it and the Inn did it again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 1snappleltommy
Robert12084, General Manager at Nichols Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

We would like to thank you for your kind review! I will be sure to pass along your review to our staff they will be pleased to hear that your stay was great. We hope to see you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarks Summit
Days Inn Scranton PA
Days Inn Scranton PA
#8 of 10 in Scranton
Hilton Scranton & Conference Center

Been to Nichols Village Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!