Nichols Village Hotel & Spa
$127
$114
Hampton.com
$76
Comfort Inn(Clarks Summit)(Great Value!)
$76
$125
$120
$57
$55
All reviewsmain buildingwedding venuei'm gladbit datedchain hotelsroom was largebeds were comfortablesheetzcollege
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The Nichols Village Inn has easy access on/off the highway, yet is quiet inside. So, we found our room peaceful and quiet. We didn't find any negatives. Positives were: good wireless access in the room, comfortable bed with plenty of pillows, friendly service and competitive pricing. The free breakfast had eggs, bacon, waffles, toast, english muffins and regular muffins, fruit, orange juice, coffee, and cold cereal. So, the selection was pretty good. We'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Robert12084, General Manager at Nichols Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thany you for posting your review.I so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.perhaps if you stay will us again you could take advantage of the full service Spa that we put in.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at Nichols Village this summer and really appreciated the good value of the hotel at the discounted rate we paid. Yes, it does appear to be an older hotel, but it is still a nice hotel and well maintained. Parking was free and conveniently located, the staff was friendly and helpful, the room was very large, the beds were comfortable, the bathroom was spacious, and everything was acceptably clean. We loved the huge indoor heated pool as a great way to wind down before bed after being on the road all day. Breakfast in the morning was standard continental fare, but better than some free offerings, and the seating area had enough space for everyone. We would definitely stay here again when traveling on I-81 if the price was similar.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank splender28

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay will us.I do not know if you got the chance to try our Restaurant.Bazil is a fine dining italian restaurant that I am sure you will find very appealing

Reviewed September 17, 2012

My friend and I stayed here two nights (Sept. '12) and it was alright. The rooms were clean and spacious and the hot breakfast was different. The eggs seemed artificial somehow but there was an assortment of bagels and muffins, waffles, cereals, and yogurts. The front desk people were very friendly. The hotel is just yards away from a 4 lane road which I didn't expect and I don't think the rooms were worthy of $135 a night although it was very quiet. We both had massages at their spa and that was awesome.

Room Tip: We were in rooms 151 and 152, which, oddly enough are on the third floor. These were at the end of a hallway and very quiet. Nice little (man-made) waterfall out the windows.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Robert12084, Manager at Nichols Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time at the spa. We strive to make every guest comfortable and happy. I apologize the room was not what you expected. We hope you will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Took a five day/four night trip to the Scranton area with my family. We had a great time at the Inn. The heated pool was very warm and our rooms were outstanding. Special thanks to Kim and Megan for making our trip so special! Breakfast is adequate but the rest of the Inn is great. The kids enjoyed the 24 hour hot cocoa and the fresh baked cookies. The location of the Inn is second to none. It is located near malls and restaurants. We enjoy the proximity to the Waffle House and Sheetz. They do have a spa but we did not partake. This is one of my favorite hotels in the Scranton area and as you can see by my reviews, I do not just give all the hotels great reviews. They have to earn it and the Inn did it again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 1snappleltommy
Robert12084, General Manager at Nichols Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

We would like to thank you for your kind review! I will be sure to pass along your review to our staff they will be pleased to hear that your stay was great. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel is located on a pretty busy street, and is not at all a "spa-like" hotel as advertised. The property is old and is in need of some upgrading. The beds aren't comfortable at all. We stayed here because it was the hotel reserved for wedding guests, but had we not gone to the wedding, I don't imagine we'd ever choose to stay here. The free breakfast was decent, although we didn't try the eggs since they looked like they were microwaved, and that's just a no-no! There's a newer Hampton Inn right down the road, it's probably in better condition, has a better breakfast, and I assume the rates are comparable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sarah M
Robert12084, General Manager at Nichols Village Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay.We get quite a lot of complaments on our beds.It would be good to know what room you stayed in.I assume by your message that you might not have tried our Spa.it is very beautiful an offers a full line of services