“Average sushi experience.”

Atami Sushi
Ranked #23 of 62 Restaurants in Clarks Summit
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Went for to Atami for a late lunch. Several friends have recommended it. After a selecting a couple of rolls for lunch, we enjoyed the ones we ordered. The service was friendly, and we were given an order of Edemame as a complimentary appetizer. A nice touch. At the end of the meal, they bring a small plate of pineapple chunks also.
The menus were worn out, and beat up to the point of some selections were difficult to read. The pages between my menu and my wife's were in a different order, so making a joint selection from an unfamiliar menu was confusing. Their rolls are made with imitation crab meat, which is always an indicator of lower quality fish in our experience. We sat at the Sushi Bar to eat. We like to do this on a first visit to a Sushi restaurant, because you can see both the quality of the fish, and the preparation techniques.
Tuna is always a good indicator because it is easy to se the difference between high quality tuna, and lower grades. Atami wasn't the highest grade so fish.
So, it was well prepared, and decent meal for the price. They could be better.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was obviously the most popular sushi place in the area.
We dined here twice. The sushi was good, standard and special rolls were available.
The hibachi, however, was a disappointment. It was done in the kitchen and the Chicken was dry and overcooked.

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Been to Atami a number if times over the past 4 years, they just recently renovated the inside to convert it to larger seating area and I believe they added an hibachi although I have not eaten there yet.

We normally get our rolls for take-out and request brown rice without any problems. Love the spicy tuna and the Philly roll.

A bit pricey but well worth it.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This small restaurant has a relaxing decor and an unexpected variety of choices. Very good sushi and wonderful take-out menu. Fresh, well prepared sushi.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I was on my way back from a business meeting and was getting ready to get on the Northeast Extension when I decided I needed to grab a quick bite to eat. I drove about 2-3 minutes off the exit and saw this place in a strip shopping center. The decor of the restaurant is amazing. Absolutely beautiful. The hostess and the waitress were very friendly. Got a nice seat at the sushi bar. I ordered three rolls; two spicy tuna and an Atlantic roll (shrimp tempura w/ spicy tuna on top and wasabi tobiko). There was a mistake with one of the rolls but they quickly made me the correct roll. The waitress said that one mistake was on the house. The food was great. Rice was very good. The only negative was the skipping CD of Jewel that continuously played about 20 seconds of the same song. Definitely worth a stop and will be back when I come through the area again.

1  Thank EyeLoveFood