“Tasty Lunch but chilly and....” 4 of 5 bubbles

Camelot Restaurant & Inn
Ranked #10 of 61 Restaurants in Clarks Summit
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Stuart, FL
“Tasty Lunch but chilly and....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

3 of us enjoyed a lovely lunch at Camelot. We were the first guests, but a few more did arrive. Our lunches were served beautifully on long rectangular plates with delicious French Fries served in an upright container. I had the veggie wrap which was had a delicious sauce on it. Mom had a shrimp quesadilla which she also enjoyed. Both were large portions. The setting is lovely and the large fireplace made it cozy. There are both booths and tables. Also a nice separate bar area with tall seats. We quickly noticed that it was very chilly inside. I asked our waiter to turn down the temperature, which he did. He came back to the table to tell us that the temp. is kept cool to keep the flies (?) down. Sure enough when the temp. was comfortable, the flies arrived. I am sure there is a better way to deal with the inside fly population! Otherwise service and food was nice. Enjoy!

• Visited July 2014

“Service?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We went for their happy hour (4-6) on a Friday evening. We were very well dressed and ready for a pleasant evening. The place was virtually empty sans about 4 waitresses busily setting up for dinner. We sat at the bar and we were immediately served our drinks. It was all down hill from there. We had to ask for a menu, after receiving the menu, the female bartender never asked us if we would like to order and eventually just collected the menus and walked away. We had to call her over and ask for another drink. A friend of ours joined us and we had to call bartender over for her drink. After we finished our second drink, we sat without a drink for 45 minutes with empty glasses. The bartender eventually took my empty glass when I wasn't looking, and didn't ask if I wanted another. In total, we were there 2.5 hours and barely had her approach us twice. The place was dead. If we weren't busy talking to our friend, we would have left after the first drink. What a shame! Worst service ever! Our bill would have been much higher with good service and by the way, they would do a much better business if they changed the menu. They need bar offerings and varied selections. The menu hasn't changed since they opened as Camelot. Too bad; it's a lovely atmosphere but they need a decent bartender and better food selections.

3 Thank Mary m
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great Outdoor Event!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Camelot Restuarant & Inn was the place we held our 20 year high school reunion. We had to change our venue to this venue last minute and Camelot was very accomodating to our last minute needs.

Our reunion was held outside on their patio-tents were provided. There was a really awesome outdoor bar with a fire pit as well- really great atmosphere.

The food was amazing- we had great choices for our guests ranging from nachos, to cold penne pasta, to pulled pork and beef brisket- everything was so good and the guests thoroughly enjoyed it. We made and brought our own desserts without a problem. The staff was there to assist us with anything we needed during the event and the price was reasonable (although some guests thought $50 was too high when it was a cash bar-we definitely have to revisit this for our 25 year reunion-found out people want to drink more than dance- who knew??! lol).

The deck was private to our party and lasted 4 hours, however people were having such a great time, we stayed longer and enjoyed the bar and fire after our DJ left.

I would definitely recommend Camelot to those wishing to have a private event and to those who just want to come for dinner (Tapas Tuesday is awesome) as the food and atmosphere are spectaular.

Thanks Camelot for making our event a hit!

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Tracy M
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Avoid this place!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

I've been to this place 3 times over the past year or so and have never had a good experience. My wife and I went with friends the first time on their recommendation, but we were all sorely disappointed. The second time was for a business meeting, which wasn't horrible, but I think it was because it was in the back room and all we had was sandwiches and salad. A few weeks ago was the last time I'll ever go to this place and it was only because my in-laws insisted we go there.

The place looks inviting enough from the outside, but that's where it ends. We arrived on what appeared to be a busy night and could not find a parking spot in front, so I opted to park on the side. That was our 2nd mistake (the first mistake was agreeing to go to this place). We could smell the garbage from the overflowing dumpster as soon as we got out of my car....absolutely disgusting. I wanted to throw up before I even walked in. If you're not going to empty the dumpster, at least keep it out of sight (and smell) from the customers.

The next problem we had was with my wheel chair bound mother-in-law. There is a ramp for handicap access, unfortunately, the ramp is made with slate stepping stones, which were so severely cracked (there were actually pieces missing) we could barely get her to the door. If you are with anyone that requires a wheel chair or has a disability that doesn't permit them to use the stairs, be careful trying to get into this place.

When you walk in, it does appear to be just as nice inside is does from the outside, but again, that's where it ends. We patiently waited for someone to seat us, but alas, no one came to help us. We ended up asking the bartender for help and she was nice enough to show us to a table. After we watched a half dozen servers and what appeared to be the manager and/or owner walk by our table several times I finally got up and asked the bartender for menus and someone to take our drink order.

Moments later a young waitress appeared at our table ready to take our drink order. My wife and in-laws ordered wine and I asked what kind of beer was on tap. The answer I got...."lots"... umm...a little help here. I just ordered a Miller Lite, even though I was really looking for something different. When the waitress returned, not surprisingly, the drinks were not correct. We ordered two Cabernet Sauvignon and a Sauvignon Blanc, but got three Cab. Sav. The response from the waitress..."oh, there's a difference?" You're charging $9 for a glass of wine and you don't know there's a difference between white and red wine?

I really hate to call out servers, I've been one and I know what they deal with, but really? I pin this one on management. How do you have such inexperienced servers in what is supposed to be a 'fine dining' establishment. Seriously, I was surprised she was even old enough to serve alcohol. How can management expect her to know anything about wine when she isn't even old enough to consume it herself? A little training would go a long way here. If you're going to ask these type of prices, the wait staff should know the difference between red and white wine. God forbid anyone would ask anything about the menu, who knows what they might say.

The menu is actually very nice, and has quite a variety. It is on the expensive side, but not completely out of line. My wife ordered the vegetable paella since she is vegetarian and she quite enjoyed it, but again, $19 for what is essentially rice and vegetables with no salad or side dish is rather expensive. My father-in-law liked his burger even though he ordered medium and it came out well-done. My mother-in-law tried the tilapia but thought it was fishy tasting and smelling (we guessed it was frozen). My salmon burger was just OK....not much taste. The steak fries were obviously store bought.

The other lasting impressions of this night? The flies in the dining room (no doubt from the overflowing dumpster) were absolutely horrific, not to mention disgusting and the fact that the faucet in the men's room didn't work and there were no paper towels.

I wish I could give this place a negative rating. YUK!

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Ed J
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Great vegetarian options”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I wasn't expecting excellent vegetarian food, but I was pleasantly surprised. We went here for a special occasion meal and most of our party consisted of meat eaters, but for me, the cream of asparagus soup was completely vegetarian and delicious, and the Mediterranean vegetable pasta was also great. The service was great, they were very accommodating, and while the atmosphere is rustic, it's great for a special occasion.

• Visited June 2014