“Bedbugs in our room”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Clarks Summit
Glen Rock, Pennsylvania
“Bedbugs in our room”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We found live bugs in the bed. Upon searching the internet they looked identical to bedbugs. We left the hotel and asked for a refund on the way out the door. The clerk refused and said we would have to talk to the manager in the morning. We returned in the morning and upon asking for a refund the, manager told me that he had inspected the room and saw no problem. After showing him the bites, on my feet and describing the bugs we saw in the room, a refund was issued. We have sanitized everything and bagged all objects that could not be washed (suitcases, etc.) and now have to hope we have not bought bed bugs back into our home. We will never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank PMW1970
Bryant O, Manager at Ramada Clarks Summit Near Scranton, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
This guest is staying in different hotels, reporting bed bugs to receive full refunds. This guest showed me old misquito bites on his ankles and feet. I have over 10 years of hotel management experience, and I know what bed bug bites look like. I'm certified, and trained on this. This was a dramatic LIE, straight to my face at our hotel front desk.

I personally searched the room, and found nothing. In addition, our professional contracted pest control company searched this room, and found no signs of bed bugs. I have the paperwork to back it up. I'd be happy to send a copy to this guest, and re-charge him for his stay.

Bed Bugs are a very serious issue. I want this review removed immediately.

We honored a refund in full to this guest. He should be happy, he got what he was looking for.....

SCAM...

(Manager, Ramada - Clarks Summit)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Pitman, New Jersey
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Everything was fine during our stay. We stayed on the second floor because we were with our dog. They have a bridge out to the dog walking area. The room was clean and the air conditioner worked. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
My name is Bryant Olson. I am a new Manager for this hotel property. Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor. Thank you for the positive feedback about our service. I will share the remarks with our staff. We hope to see you again. Thank you so much for staying with us!

Weston, Connecticut
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

The exceptional front desk personnel made a stressful visit.... Much easier! Thank you

AC worked well! Quiet clean room
Something fast was available in the morning for breakfast! Bed was comfortable!
But the friendly staff was very helpful!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank chrisreilly
Bryant O, Manager at Ramada Clarks Summit Near Scranton, responded to this review, June 23, 2014

Clarks Summit
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The air conditioning unit had mold on the vents. The ceiling above air conditioning unit also had something on it.
The bathroom tile floor was disgusting and there was mold on the floor in the corner as well as mold in tub along the top and mold above the shower.
The room felt dirty and the bathroom did as well.
The hotel staff however was very friendly and accommodating but we still would not go back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Bryant O, Manager at Ramada Clarks Summit Near Scranton, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
My name is Bryant Olson. I am a new Manager for this hotel property. Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor. I want to assure you that we are working hard on updates for the hotel property. We hope to see you again in the future, once the updates are completed. In the meantime, please contact me, so I can compensate you for your negative experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarks Summit
Econo Lodge Clarks Summit
Econo Lodge Clarks Summit
#4 of 6 in Clarks Summit
Hilton Scranton & Conference Center

Been to Ramada Clarks Summit Near Scranton? Share your experiences!