“terrible smoke smell in nonsmoking rooms”

Ramada Clarks Summit Near Scranton
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Clarks Summit
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was attending a wedding at a nearby facility, and this hotel was the main hotel suggested that we stay at. I booked two non-smoking rooms months ahead of the wedding as I'm pregnant and have an allergy to smoking...I wanted to be sure that the room was non-smoking. After checking in at the front desk for my "non smoking rooms", I discovered that even though my rooms were non-smoking...the floor that I was on was not. Therefore, once you enter the floor you are bombarded with cigarette smoke. The rooms also smelled of smoke (even the bedspreads had burns on them). I had to put a towel at the door to keep the smell from seeping in. I was supposed to attend a brunch the next morning that the wedding couple was hosting, but I couldn't imagine spending any more time there than I had to. Upon checkout, I mentioned the problems to the front desk and they adjusted the price of both rooms a little, which was nice of them. However, this hotel is the worst place that I have ever stayed in. I could never recommend staying at this hotel to anyone unless you are a smoker.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Meredith B

Reviewed January 2, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The front desk clerk on duty was friendly and as helpful as she could be. Our first room assignment--the door wouldn't open even though the light went green. The second room tub drain...didn't! The breakfast was the only thing I can say had no flaws, unless you count the fact that the attendant didn't speak unless directly addressed. The food was satisfactory and in good variety, but the atmosphere I associated with Ramada after 40 years of travel just wasn't up to snuff, sorry to say! The value received was a bit below what I hoped for when I pulled under the canopy, but we did sleep well and were on our way with a minimum of difficulty, if we don't count that my wife couldn't bathe as the tub was full after my shower.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ikinitse
Reviewed December 3, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed in the Clark's Summit Ramada inn because MEPACON is held there. My stay was less then enjoyable. My wife and I were greeted by a staff member or at least I hope she was, she was not wearing any kind of identifcation. Once to the room the over welming smell of stale cigarette smoke filled the room. There was an ashtray on the table in the room, yet a no smoking sign was posted on the door. The carpets looked as if they had not been cleaned in a month, there was mold growing in the shower. When I tried to use the shower the tub would not drain. Black clumps of some unidentifiable substance floted in the water. This was the frist time I felt cleaner before I showered then after.
My wife took several pictures of the room to document the above mentioned lack of cleanliness.
I plan on returning to the area for the spring MEPACON. This time I will choose another hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
#4 of 6 in Clarks Summit
Fairfield Inn Scranton
Fairfield Inn Scranton
#5 of 10 in Scranton

Been to Ramada Clarks Summit Near Scranton? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Clarks Summit Near Scranton

Address: 820 Northern Blvd, Clarks Summit, PA 18411-2229
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Clarks Summit
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Clarks Summit
Price Range: $72 - $96 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Ramada Clarks Summit Near Scranton 2.5*
Relax and restore at Ramada Clarks Summit hotel off Interstates 81 and 476 near downtown Scranton. Damon's Sports Bar next door. After a leisurely free continental breakfast, relax on our outdoor patio or in our gazebo. If you want to de-stress, work out in our gym, swim in our heated indoor pool or play in our game room. We offer meeting space, a business center, free Wi-Fi Internet access, free truck and RV parking and each room comes with a refrigerator. Kids 17 and under stay free with an adult. Our pet-friendly Clarks Summit hotel features a gift shop. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ramada Clarks Summit Near Scranton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Clarks Summit