Hampton Inn Clarks Summit
$76
$79
$77
Hotwire.com
Comfort Inn(Clarks Summit)(Great Value!)
$76
Residence Inn Scranton(Scranton)
$125
$120
$55
All reviewsfitness centerelk mountainpool and hot tubexcellent staycomplimentary breakfastroom was cleannice hoteleasy accessnight's sleepoff the highwayexercise roomother hotelslong drivewould stay here againwafflesski tripconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Hilton has established Hampton Inns as a good quality, moderately priced hotel chain. All the Hamptons that I visited over the years have been good, but Clark's Summit just does it better. The room was immaculate and somewhat larger than many. The breakfast had standard Hampton hot and cold items, but the buffet was exceptionally well-presented and clean. Every staff person I encountered was friendly and helpful. Even the fitness room, albeit a bit small, was well maintained and very clean.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Warm welcome, lovely lobby area where a free continental, plentiful breakfast is served. Free WiFi & very clean accommodations. Comfy bed. Had a great dinner next door at Damon's, and didn't even need the car to get there. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank LivengoodMom
Reviewed August 5, 2009

My boyfriend and I stopped here for one night on our way to Philadelphia from Toronto. It was late when we checked in, almost midnight so there was no line up. The front desk clerk, Dan was super friendly. Also get a fresh baked cookie when you check in as well. We had no reservations but he gave us a good deal only thing is that it was a smoking room and we are non-smokers. At first when we walked in we could smell it but we were so tired and just wanted to go to sleep. By the next day, we couldn't even smell the smoke any more, guess we just got used to it. Room was clean and the beds were a double so bit small but very comfortable and nice flat screen TV. The hotel offers free breakfast in the morning which was really nice, it was your standard thing (eggs,english muffins, toast, bagels, cereal, juice, coffee, fruit, etc.) The shower had an adjustable shower head which makes it nice for someone like me who likes water pressure while showering, my boyfriend on the other hand prefers the rain type shower. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Don't bother with going into the Radisson next door, the old man at the front desk seemed really grumpy and not very helpful or friendly.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2008

My husband & I stayed here for one night while visiting family in Clarks Summit. We'd used this hotel for our wedding weekend, and had a good experience. However, this time I didn't sleep at all - there was a big, thick cobweb attached between the bottom of the air conditioning unit and the floor, which was uncarpeted under the unit. To me, that indicated a big, ugly spider had taken up residence & housekeeping obviously wasn't vacuuming very well. It also means that there is access to the outdoors around that unit - this was a third floor room, if I recall. The wall should have been well-sealed around the HVAC unit. After staring at this cobweb from my prone position in bed (trying to sleep without success), I called the front desk, who said there was nothing they could do at that time of night. Nice. I didn't sleep a wink. While the hotel & its furnishings were very nice, I'll never stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed March 3, 2008

My wife and I wanted to ski at Elk Mountain and we decided to stay overnight at the Hampton Inn in Clarks Summit, which is about 30 minutes from the ski area. Seems like other folks had the same idea, as most of the other people we saw at the hotel were skiers/snowboarders (mostly families). The hotel is typical Hampton Inn lodging, which isn’t a bad thing. The room was fine, nothing special. The wireless connection worked fine. A mini refrigerator in the room would be a welcomed addition. The breakfast, which is included, was just OK. There are quite a few restaurants nearby, some within easy walking distance. We had a wonderful dinner at Pepatos Café and Grill which is located right in front of the hotel. The food was excellent and it’s a BYOB establishment (a nominal corking fee does apply, however). We highly recommend this restaurant, but be advised it’s a little pricey (but worth it).

The hotel has a small fitness room with four pieces of exercise equipment. The lobby/lounge area has a nice stone fireplace (gas) that adds some ambience. The rate we paid was very reasonable and we were able to purchase discounted lift tickets for Elk at the front desk. All in all, if we decide to take another excursion to ski at Elk, we would stay at this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)