“Great value good breakfast have stayed here for the past 3 weeks for work”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Clarks Summit
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for the past 3 weeks I'm up here doing work In Scranton pa its only 4 .1 miles away I like the hotel definitely a good deal the breakfast was good and free best of all they have a waffle iron that I used almost everyday there's a guy at the front desk named Louis and he is is polite and helpful actually seems to enjoy his job I can't see how it has to be boring up here. But he has always helped in anyway he can. He told me what places near by that are good to eat at and seems to know the area well. So I'd say the hotel is a good value and have only met two other people on the staff but can't recall there names but Louis always has the phone numbers to every place I order food from. Thanks for the help and also actually listening when I ask for extra towels by making sure there in my room when I get back from working all day

• Stayed: June 2014
Dan E, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Thank you. We appreciate hearing from happy guests. I'll be sure to pass along your comments to Luis.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Nice room, seems clean. The staff was very polite, Luis at the front desk was very helpful with any questions. Was very knowledgable of easy ways to navigate. The roads around are confusing so a GPS is a good idea. For the price it exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Dan E, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how comfortable you and your husbend are at our hotel.
I'll be sure to let Luis know how much you appreciate his guest service skills. We appreciate your business very much,

Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband works away from home for sometimes months at a time and stays at this hotel. I go and visit him on the weekends when I can. Everything here is well maintained and VERY clean. The beds are amazingly comfortable!! The front desk people are all very nice. One man named Luis always goes above and beyond to make sure everything is up to standards. Its nice to know when my husband cant be home that he is still comfortable. He said being away from home is so hard but at night its nice to go "home" to friendly faces. Thank you hotel staff for making his stays there great ones.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank lonelywife

Thanks for your kind words. I'll be sure to let Luis know how much he is appreciated.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

It's clean, the desk staff were polite, the room wasn't terrible, but it just seemed a bit outdated. It was fine for one night but I wouldn't want to stay there much longer. The halls smell like cigarette smoke and the lobby is small and uninviting. The breakfast was very nice, but the eating area is very small. There are tvs in the lobby and eating area and it was very clean. It was just nothing special. Doable for one night.

Room Tip: Choose a room not near the stairwell.Cigarette smoke wafted up from it. When we went down the stairs...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Dan E, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Thanks for letting us know that you liked your room and breakfast. While the building is older we recently did a total renovation. I can assure you that by your next visit any issues that you addressed
will have been taken care of. Thanks again.

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

The Comfort Suites in Clarks Summit is great for business travelers. The rooms have a mini-fridge and microwave, which is all most people need. The furniture and fixtures are modern and stylish but the building itself is a little run down. Nothing discommodious, I just noticed a few "bandaid" maintenance repairs. The complimentary breakfast was always well stocked and the entire staff was warm, friendly and helpful.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Dan E, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Thanks for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We've taken care of the maintenance issues that you addressed and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times over the past months and must say it's a very nice hotel. I noticed that it has been recently remodeled and all the rooms I have stayed in are very nice. The beds are downright excellent! They are by far some of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in. The staff has been very friendly and accommodating with quick check ins and housekeeping does a great job. Definitely hope to keep staying here while in the area.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Dan E, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thanks for your comments regarding our beds as well as our staff. I'm glad that everyone was so accomodating during your stay and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I don't know how old this place is, but it has been very recently renovated. The outside is not that spectacular looking, just normal motel, but the inside is very nice.The rooms are very tastefully decorated and very clean and the beds are very comfortable. The free breakfast was excellent, the breakfast area was kept very tidy. The staff was friendly and helpful. The price was very reasonable.

Room Tip: Get a non smoking room on the non smoking floors for smoke free hallways. the hotel was very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan E, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Thank you! We're very pleased with the results of our recent renovation and are glad you are as well. We appreciate your comments regarding our staff and will be sure to pass them along. We hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarks Summit
Days Inn Scranton PA
Days Inn Scranton PA
#8 of 10 in Scranton
Sleep Inn & Suites Scranton Dunmore

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!