“HOME AWAY FROM HOME”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Clarks Summit
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have been a guest a the comfort inn for over 10yrs. I stay here at least once a week and everytime i walk threw the doors the staff makes me feel like I'm right at home.Anything that i need the staff always helps me out. They have just renovated the property and the rooms are amazing everything in the rooms are new from top to bottom.Check-inn is always fast and courtesy no matter what iI ask Luis Helps me above and beyond. Many eating options in the area, plus the hotel is easy located off the hwy. Iwould reccomend this place to anyone I know. It's always a plus when you don't have to pay for the breakfast food is always hot and very nicely presented anything from hot to cold .Could not ask for more but if i did it would not be a problem .would like to thank everyone involved including the owner AL he is a great person. THANKS AGAIN STEVEN DAGOSTINO

Room Tip: All rooms are standard but all are new
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Dan E, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you Steve. You've become like part of the family and we always enjoy seeing you.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

i stayed here for 4months and the guy at the front desk Luis made the stay even better. Good times in clarksummit. You even get 10 percent off your bill next door at the Mexican restaurant. Overall the stay was great the tv package could be better. But the bar next door has all the sport channels so it works out.

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you. I'll be sure to let Luis know what you said. We hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I know they are undergoing renovations, but I came in at 8:00 PM on a Saturday night, and there were piles of dirt in the hallways, stairwells and elevator. My room was clean and comfortable. It had a nice 32 inch flat screen with a nice selection of channels. The breakfast area was absolutely TINY! Breakfast was not bad, but there was not nearly enough room, people were eating everywhere, many of them needed to stand. There are a lot of decent restaurants in walking distance, including a Mexican restaurant right next door.

Room Tip: Call to see if renovations are complete.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Our construction is now wrapping up and the results were worth all the disruption. I apologize for the hallways during your stay and hope that you'll try us again in the future.

Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

This property is currently undergoing renovations, but I will not take points off related to this. The improvements thus far look significant and I'm sure will be better once complete.

Our room appeared to be one of the recent renovations. Everything on the second floor appeared fresh and had that "new" smell. The hotel as a whole is small and the rooms reflect this. They are fine with two queen beds, but there isn't much free space. In fact, the sink for the bathroom in in the entryway next to the door. Again, not so much a negative as much as just pointing it out. If you have kids and need more room this might not have it. Beds were comfortable and the room had all the basic amenities one expects from a Comfort Inn like desk area with outlets (no USB), flat screen TV, iron & ironing board. Oddly, of all the work it appears that went into the room the shower fixtures (head, control, & spout) appeared dated and worn.

Location is not bad, but not great. It's at a busy intersection right at the main junction as you come off 81 or the PA Turnpike entering Clarks Summit. However, there is a decent selection of eateries and you are a short drive to Dickson City/Scranton for shopping. This isn't a tourist spot, but was a stop over on the way home for us. It fit that bill perfectly. No real complaints and the rate would have been average, but I used my Choice Privileges points so it was a free stay.

The breakfast area is small like the rest of the hotel and that area is still undergoing renovation. The lobby area is in the demo stage awaiting new floors, walls, etc. Portions are showing advancement with a small area near the breakfast area having wall outlets containing USB outlets. I can't comment on the breakfast meal itself as far as quality because I didn't partake. That said, the area appears to have the basic items of a Comfort Inn.

Overall, the hotel appears to be coming along and I could easily recommend it to anyone staying in the area. It's not as upscale as a Comfort Suites, however the renovations look to make it even better as they move toward completion.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thanks for your comments and photos. The renovations are finished except for a few minor tweeks and we're thrilled with the results. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Spent three months at this Comfort Inn and it was being remodeled while I was here. I stayed in the remodeled room and before remodel room. An absolute change in rooms, they did an excellent job renovating. I can only say nice things about the staff. They treated me like family for the time I was here and helped make my time away from home bearable. Thank you. Highly recommend this property to stay at.

Room Tip: go for the double bed rooms, more usable space.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you. We're glad you enjoyed your stay even through the renovations.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

first let me state that I have been a member of the choice hotels group since 2004. I use their web site for all of my reservations, I stayed there on 3/9 nowhere on it did it state that the place was under a major remodel. I came down for coffee at 5am found it to be cold I looked for the night person and found him asleep on the couch, he did not wake up when I went out for some coffee, nor on my return, I came back down at 6am and was told I should have used the microwave to heat it up, also they must use the elevator to remove the material and never cleaned the floor up

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Let me start by apologizing for the poor attitude of a "former" employee. We've rectified the issue and the renovations are complete. I think if you give us a second chance you'll be glad you did.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stopped here after checking out some seedy econo-lodges in Scranton...scary stuff!! This Comfort Inn hotel is currently going through the renovation process but is progressing nicely. The room was newly renovated,smelled fresh,good wifi connection,and a very good heating A/C system.Continental breakfast was as many others but adequate for a quick bite.Would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: This hotel is off I-81 through a bit of a winding road but not too difficult to reach.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan E, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

We're so happy that our guests like the results of our ongoing renovation. Thank you for letting others know about your experience at our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarks Summit
Days Inn Scranton PA
Days Inn Scranton PA
#8 of 10 in Scranton
Sleep Inn & Suites Scranton Dunmore

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!