“HORRIBLE!!”

Dining options: Reservations
Clarion, Pennsylvania
“HORRIBLE!!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We went to the Loomis today for lunch. We thought we would take our mother somewhere special for Mothers Day. Boy, were we wrong! The experience was horrible, from beginning to end. They only had a buffet. No menu, and they "forgot" to tell me that when I made the reservation. There was nothing posted about in the restaurant either. You only found out after you sat down and got your drinks. The buffet was $18 a person, and wasnt worth $2 a person. You spend 15 minutes waiting in line for the buffet, only to find out half of it was empty. And the food was TERRIBLE! It all tasted like it came out a box!! Our server hid in the kitchen the whole time, complaining about how many people were in the restaurant. We had to ask to have our drinks refilled, and the desserts were ridiciously. Served in paper dishes!!! I complained when I left to a server who could care less. After I left, and was looking at the bill, I discovered they charged 20% gratuity on the bill!!! They forgot to mention that also. 18% is standard!!! Would have been nice to know that before I left it the tip on the table!!! I wouldnt recommend the restaurant to anyone!

• Visited May 2013

Irwin, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The food was absolutely fabulous, my compliments to the chef! The waitress was VERY good! Very attentive and knowledgable, the only thing I would change is: if I had known the buffet was going to start I would have waited. But the Seafood Pomodoro was great! Definitely recommend this restaurant ! Thank you Trip-Advisor.(excellent app)

• Visited May 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Good Choice”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

A business colleague and I had two meals here while in Clarion. The fact that we returned a second night is indicative of the quality of the food and the varied selections on the menu. The service was very good. I would return.

• Visited March 2013
Sacramento, California
“Historic, authentic, homey”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great food! Creative recipes. The chef doesn't mind whipping up something new for a vegetarian. Summer menus take advantage of fresh produce. Wine list needs some help with variety.

Visited July 2012
Henrico, North Carolina
“Very nice place”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Wide variety of food. I have eaten there twice on business. Always great tasting and cheerful staff. I would recommend to anyone. Each time I have had a shrimp dish and they were cooked to perfection. That is a rare and much respected feat. Thanks for a wonderful meal.

• Visited November 2012