“Fresh, Clean, Comfortable”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lancaster
“Fresh, Clean, Comfortable”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Superior accommodations in every way. Pulled off I80 to sleep late at night and as usual, can't go wrong with Hampton-- maybe a little pricey but overall a great value and what price can you put on piece of mind? Breakfast was exceptional.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Dublin, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I can always depend on Hampton Inns to be consistently clean and comfortable. Check in and departure are quick and efficient. The complimentary breakfast provides for a quick departure without having to find a restaurant in the area. Convenient free parking and Wi-Fi in the guest room is a bonus.

Freeport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was impressed with the appearance of this hotel when we arrived. Everything looks clean, stylish and in very good condition. The check-in was quick and easy and we were greeted by friendly staff immediately upon arriving at the counter. Our room was also very clean and well-kept. The bathroom is very large and was one of the nicer ones I've seen in a hotel. The room was spacious and I appreciated the mini-fridge. My only complaint about the room was that it was a non-smoking room but there was definitely an odor that implied the room had been smoked in before. The indoor pool is typical of most hotel pools although I think we would have preferred it have been kept a bit warmer. The complementary breakfast was better than most and had a good variety of items. The hotel is located adjacent to a mall with several options for dining. Overall, I think this is probably the nicest lodging option if you are staying in the Clarion area and I would likely stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sidney
Reviewed October 24, 2013

For the price, expected a bit better rooms. Breakfeast and staff met or exceeded expectaions. Pool ok, but water not very warm and NO HOT TUB. Heat/cooling unit was or is poorly constucted in room. Fan only runs on high and sends cold air up across ceiling and directly down on bed. Had to cover fan opening with blanket to keep from freezing.

Harrisburg, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The hotel staff was very helpful. They offered maps and turn-by-turn directions to my meeting location. They call shortly after checking to verify everything was ok in working order. They applied several discounts which was pleasant surprise when I checked out

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I requested a non-smoking room. When i entered the room there was a strong odor of cigarette smoke. I asked the front desk whether this was the non-smoking room I had resereved. They said yes; but they said that since it was adjacent to smoking rooms, the smell carried into my room. They had no vacancies and did not offer me a change of rooms. I went back to my room and noticed that it had not been cleaned well. I found several long black hairs in the whirlpool bathtub, the bathroom sink, the shower floor and soap dish, and on the toilet paper roll. I was very disappointed with this hotel, expecially since it was quite expensive for a road stop hotel in western Pennsylvania.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HMTCLPA, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Clarion, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are very sorry that you were disappointed with the cleanliness of your guest room. We try to be very vigilant in this area because we know how important it is for our guests. Based upon your review, we are actively working with our housekeeping staff so this situation doesn't happen again. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the area you’ll consider staying with us again.
Bay City MI, United States
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Located about half way between Detroit area and New England, this is an excellent overnight stop. Accommodations are fine and located in a convenient small city with local shops for the road weary. Staff is polite and attentive. My second stay at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarion
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clarion
#8 of 9 in Clarion
Budget Host Gold Eagle Inn
Budget Host Gold Eagle Inn
#3 of 4 in Brookville

Been to Hampton Inn Clarion? Share your experiences!