Hampton Inn Clarion
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Clarion
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is clean and comfortable. I can recommend staying there. My only complaints are: 1. Only one clerk with no help after 4 pm. Having a pool, I feel that is very dangerous since they are uncomfortable leaving the desk unattended. They need to periodically check it no matter what disclaimers they have. They also need to be able to leave the desk if a guest needs help.
2. No fridges in the room.
3. This is not this hotel's fault, but I am not crazy about the vinyl floors Hampton is having their franchisers put in.

All in all, if i were in the area, I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013
HMTCLPA, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Clarion, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed one Saturday night at this Hampton hotel in Clarion, PA, we'll do it again. Hotel parking was very convenient and plentiful, just off the interstate, check-in was quick, the 1st floor room was comfortable, clean, and quiet. We got the exact kind of room we reserved, and there was good food and a movie theater within walking distance. Not the cheapest hotel in the area, I'm sure, but I've stayed at a couple of the cheaper ones. I'll gladly spend the extra money. Complimentary breakfast was fine with us.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Hotel lobby was just renovated. New sofa and chairs. Breakfast is ok for juice or muffin. Cooked food is terrible but there is cold cereal or oatmeal. The room is clean but the beds are hard. The shower head is very high and the water power is minimal. The hotel location is convenient to the town of Clarion. It's across the street from the hospital.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed 1 night with 2 adults, 2 kids. Best place in Clarion we have stayed!

Positives
All areas of hotel very clean
Clean, nice size rooms with 2 queen beds
Very accessible from highway
Right next to Clarion Hospital
Free Wi-FI
Business Office
Indoor Pool
Quiet rooms, bed were so comfy! Great bedding!
Free Breakfast with a good choice
Very friendly Man servicing the breakfast area
Nice size hotel not too big, not a motel either
Register for Hilton Honors Point program
Exercise room
Walk next door to Clarion Mall where there is an excellent restaurant, RRR Roadhouse (Hotel gives you a 10% coupon, too)

Negatives in general (didnt affect us)

No outdoor pool
Pool needed more towels
No hot tub
The most expensive of the Clarion Hotels but still a decent price for the facilities, cleanliness, pool

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The room was quiet the bed was Awesome so clean and soft the room was immaculant. I always stay at this Hampton when in town for business and the meeting room is available. The staff were friendly. Just a Great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Rooms have poor sound proofing. Don't count on a good nights sleep if your neighbors are on the noisy side. The rooms were clean and comfortable; but this is what one would expect from a Hampton Inn. The breakfast was barely average. Hotel staff was very efficient and friendly.

1  Thank Judi F
HMTCLPA, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Clarion, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for your review. I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again. Thank you.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

When in the Clarion area we always stay at the Hampton Inn. We had a handicapped room and an adjoining queen room. Were surprised when we checked in that the lobby area was being remodeled. I had to go behind the reservation desk to talk to the staff because there was a worker cleaning up the newly installed flooring. I asked if breakfast would be available and was told that it would be in the conference room. I agree with Philip C that the staff was not nearly as friendly as it had been on previous visits. No one apologized for the mess and when I checked out the next morning I wasn't even thanked. The friendly staff was one of the reasons that we had always enjoyed staying there. On our next visit to the Clarion area we will probably stay there again and hopefully, the staff will be in a better mood. Maybe it was the remodeling? I hope so.