“Convenient Inn on I-80”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sayre, Pennsylvania
“Convenient Inn on I-80”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stopped here crossing Pennsylvania on I-80 between college student drop offs on each end of the state. Clean, comfortable, new appearance. Usual breakfast. Convenient to I-80 exit and some restaurants and gas station. The Clarion medical center is also near by.

Room Tip: We had a two queen room and it offered plenty of space.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Little Rock, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed at the Hampton Inn while attending a wedding. My flight was delayed a few hours and I called to make sure my girlfriend could check in before I got there and was assured this wasn't a problem. When she arrived before me they refused to let her check in. After an extended fight they finally let her.

The rooms were typical of Hampton inn. Not very clean and comfortable but not bad either. The carpet had many stains though. The breakfast was good.

The next morning I complained to the manager about the problem the night before and she said there was nothing she could do and that I would need to call the gm. I told her I wasn't 100% satisfied, especially as a diamond member of their program and reminded them of their satisfaction policy. She again said there was nothing she could do.

I think this hotel needs major customer service training. I wouldn't stay at this property again. Unfortunately there aren't many choices in Clarion.

• Stayed September 2012
5 Thank Hogsraz
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

This was our second stay at the Hampton Clarion, given it's location as a good stopping point between Northern Michigan and New York. Our experience was similar both time. The room was clean and about average as it relates to being quiet. The room was up to date in its appearance and very comfortable.

When we checked in this time we did not want to eat at a chain eatery and the woman at the front desk was very helpful in suggesting some local places. We had a great salad and pizza at a local spot that I assume is a college kid hangout. She also suggested that I join Hilton Honors, so I filled out the paper work and dropped it off about 30 minutes later. She told me that when I checked out in the morning my card would be with my bill. Oddly, in the morning the person at the desk (different from the night before) seemed completely flummoxed by this, having no record that I had completed the paper work, and went so far as to tell me that "someone has already checked you out." I said that was not possible, and asked her to check again and the best she could do was look in a folder and tell me that "nothing is in there." It did not inspire confidence, particularly when you are handing over personal information. I also did not get the impression that this young woman shared my concern and was either blase or unsure how to deal with it.

Finally, while the breakfast is serviceable, I have had better ones in other Hamptons. There were fewer options although what was there was fine.

Never-the-less, this is a good locale for our needs on this particular drive and my experience had been good enough two times, that I would likely stay in this Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stsy away from this place unless you like rude giggling laugh in your face Front Desk personnel and a General Manager right out of I don't give a damn.
Have no idea if the folks giving this place rave reviews to put them #1 in Clarion just don't know good versus less than mediocre or not,

I have spent the past year traveling America staying mostly in Hilton brands for a lot of cash spent I get to be a Diamond Hilton Honors whatever it means nothing to Hampton Inn or to HH worldwide they they give no customer service.

The rooms at HI Clarion PA are dingy dark and not to clean. Worst beds in the Hilton chain. Clarion is a 1/2 point between NYC and Detroit. A stopover but even stopovers at rest stops in your car is better than this Hampton.

Holiday Inn is better as is Super 8 choose one of them let's make sure this dump goes belly up out of business or at least čran by a different group

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank Upalco
Bronx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

We found ourselves with car trouble in Clarion on a Sunday and were able to get a reservation at the last minute. It was a little pricey, but well worth it. Very clean and comfortable hotel. The breakfast is always nice and they always call to make sure everything is in order. We definitely would stay at this Hampton Inn in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nancy S
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

Hampton Inn's used to be dependable quality and cleanlinest. Unfortunately over the last 10 years, they've become worn, and disappointing. This Hampton Inn is a reminder of how great they were! Nicely decorated, Very Clean! Well Done Hampton Inn Clarion!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Gem4321
Millburn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stopped at this hotel on our way home from a 10 day, cross country trip. It was right off the highway and we had no reservation, but we were so happy that we decided to stop there. The staff was very friendly and even recommended a great restaurant for dinner that was in the strip mall next door. The hotel was very clean - from the lobby, to our room and the bathroom. Our room was very comfortable and spacious, with two queen size beds for the four of us (including our two teenage sons) and lots of plugs for our four laptops and four cellphones.
Breakfast (which was included) was served in the lobby and was very nice with a wide variety of options. Now that we are home, we keep joking that we should return to the Hampton Inn in Clarion on vacation next year!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mumofboyz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarion
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clarion
#8 of 9 in Clarion
Budget Host Gold Eagle Inn
Budget Host Gold Eagle Inn
#3 of 4 in Brookville

Been to Hampton Inn Clarion? Share your experiences!