“Yummy!!!”

RRR Roadhouse
Ranked #10 of 35 Restaurants in Clarion
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Thank you for choosing the RRR Roadhouse as your dining destination! Established in 2003, we are an independent, locally-owned restaurant with a mission to provide you with quality food and drink, excellent service, and competitive prices -- all in a clean, family-friendly environment. Here at the Roadhouse, we're not some "fast food" or "chain restaurant." Our kitchen prepares everything fresh - from scratch - to order. That said, keep in mind that all good things - like a thick, juicy cut of Prime Rib - take some extra time; so please be patient. Sit back, relax, and munch on some peanuts; enjoy a cold beer or glass of wine over some great conversation; or watch the "big game" on one of the largest HDTVs in town! We think it'll be worth it, but don't take our word for it. Our achievements speak for themselves. In addition to having the best "Overall Atmosphere" and "Happy Hour," we have been voted the "Area's Best" over the past several years in a variety of other categories as well. From having the best steaks, barbecued ribs, burgers, and wings, to the best bartenders and customer service, our success wouldn't be possible without you!
Corunna, Michigan, United States
“Yummy!!!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great steaks!!! Great wait staff!!! We will stop there again when we go through PA. Steaks are great

Ellicott City, Maryland
“Very God Steaks”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Good steak place and very friendly staff. Prices are reasonable and the location is a couple of minutes from Route 80, located in the Clarion Mall.

Visited December 2013
Morton Grove, Illinois
“Good place to stop on the road.”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Not the first time we have stopped here as we traveled along I-80. Food is very good and service wonderful. Last time they made my birthday very special.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“great rolls”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We go here for the rolls specifically. the food and service is good but the rolls are the primary reason we go. they are usually warm soft, and when you put the butter on it, it melts pretty quickly. my youngest usually eats the fries and the rolls only (fussy eater). another perk is that the kid scan draw with the crayons at the table while waiting. Try to avoid when super busy - the service can be quite slow then.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Is 'Awful" to harsh a term?”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I had dinner there tonight at the recommendation of the hotel and the enticement of a 10% discount card. Being an ‘experienced traveler’, I should have known better… but in this case, it was cold out and this was close by… not to mention, it is about the only show in town.

It should have been obvious where this was going when the young lady that took me to my table was visually unhappy that I was a '1 seater'. As few people as there were in there, she should have been happy to see me.

She asked if I would like something to drink and my reply was "yes, I would like to have a glass of wine, do you have a wine list?" She hesitated and said she ‘didn't think so’. So I asked her if she knew what kind of wine she had and her reply was red and white.... it pretty much went further downhill from there. (Helloooo.... Steak Place = Red Wine.)

When she brought me the wine, I asked her if she knew what kind it was again, and she replied ‘red’. You would think she would have asked the bartender.

OK, then …

So I moved on to the meal…

She brought me a couple of the “famous” (or infamous) warm yeast rolls out that were anything but warm. Although pretty tasty, they wouldn’t even melt the soft butter.

I did have the potato soup which turned out to be really yummy although barely warm. I am not sure if it is part of the ambiance that you over flow the cup all over the saucer, but it added a little something special to trying to pick up the spoon without experiencing the slime of potato soup all over your hands.

I ordered the filet with a request of Medium Rare. It was rare, (as in still mooing) and although she offered to take it back I decided it was close enough. It was flavorful but nothing I would go out of my way for.

I also had the skin on - mashed potatoes with a bit of butter on top. It should have been an indication to her when she passed by the table that the potatoes were so cold, the butter wouldn’t melt.

All in… a BIG FLOP … I will probably hit the Applebee’s or Pizza Hut next time I pass through. At least my expectations won't be out of sorts...

• Visited November 2013

Been to RRR Roadhouse? Share your experiences!