“A hidden jewel!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Clarion
Reviewed April 3, 2014

When we arrived at Clarion, we had three requirements: McDonald's, indoor pool and reasonable price for the time we arrived. Comfort Inn was not on a main street and a bit over the hill from it but half a mile ride to it was totally worth it. Me and my daughter arrived late at night in Clarion and no other hotel wanted to give us a break on a price. Before going to the one that did not have an indoor pool but was not going to cost us an arm and a leg, I found this Comfort Inn on my s-phone and gave them a call. They said sure and welcomed us to check it out before committing! They had all we needed: pool, free breakfast, wonderful clean rooms and there was no other way about it. We took it. I did not have time for the pool that night but made sure to wake up early enough. The experience was not over then either, the cherry on top, as they say, was the breakfast. As we came down and started on our yogurt and making waffles, I've noticed something smoking in the corner. I opened the lid and there were eggs and sausages!!! Totally made our day and started us out right!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Volkarr
KarenMcKi, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a great review. I am so pleased that you were happy with our hotel! We do try hard to make sure all of our guests have everything they need for a restful stay. The staff looks forward to reading the reviews we receive online and it brightens our day when we have made our guests happy! Take care and come back again!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

My wife and I couldn't make it all the way home on a recent trip due to an snow and ice storm. We always do our due diligence when searching hotels, and this one was "iffy" from the reviews. We didn't have much of a choice though so we decided to try it. The hotel itself is located off the road a bit and the driveway is fairly long. Finding the right driveway in the dark while raining was a little confusing but the GPS guided us to it just fine. Once we got inside and found our room, we were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The only problem we had was dead batteries in the TV remote. The front desk too care of it immediately and all was well in the world...besides the snow storm anyway. We didn't get a chance to try out the pool, but it was located right next to the front lobby for all to see. Not a big deal, but could be a little more private. All in all, a great deal and a fine nights stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jimbalaya007
KarenMcKi, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am very pleased that you liked your accommodations here! We try hard to make all of our guests happy and "comfort"able! I hope you return again. Thank you again.

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

My Mom and I stayed here the rooms are very clean, very quiet, the hot tub down there by the pool was very nice the internet was also fast. The staff was very welcoming and very friendly and the breakfast was five star absolutely awesome. I would definitely stay here again in the near future.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
KarenMcKi, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review. We really appreciate our guests comments and are very happy that you liked our hotel. We have a great staff that tries very hard to accommodate our guests and make sure that they have a nice stay. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed the hot tub and our complimentary breakfast! We hope to see you again. Please let us know if you ever need anything, while here! Thank you again!

Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

My fiance and I stayed here for a total of four nights. After doing some reviews online we decided to stay here over the Quality Inn. The Comfort Inn was very nice and the hotel is located just off Interstate 80, which is very nice! The housekeepers we're especially nice and helpful. As for the pool, it was nice but it's right in the front lobby as you come in the doors. They do have breakfast as well but it wasn't to impressive. I will say though we've had better and we've had worse. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Clarion. The rooms are very nice and clean and the staff is very friendly. It is buy far better than the Quality Inn and any other major chain hotel in the area.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Firefighter471
KarenMcKi, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Thank you for your nice review of our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. I take pride in having one of the most accommodating staff around! They all care that we make our guests happy and comfortable. If there is ever anything you need, while here, please let us know. Have a great day!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

We were driving to New York from Illinois, and decided to stop in Clarion for the night. We booked through Priceline, asking for a non-smoking room. But when we got there, we were told that all of the non-smoking rooms were taken -- except for a meeting room that had a foldout bed. When we saw the room, we just couldn't deal with it. It was a mess, with chairs piled up on each other and ripped carpeting. The curtains were falling off the rod, and it was just dirty and dismal. We left and went elsewhere.

To be fair, this wasn't a "regular" room. But if you're ever offered the "hybrid" guest room and meeting room, keep going.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
KarenMcKi, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Hi Elizabeth. I would like to thank you for letting me know about what happened with your reservation. I am sorry that we did not have a non smoking room available for you. Many times, Priceline does not distinguish between smoking and non smoking and that is where the problem arose. I am not trying to blame them, but they have done this to us many times. I am sure my front desk staff was just trying to come up with a solution for you and the meeting room was the only non smoking room we had left. I apologize again for the situation and hope that if you come back to the area, you would give us another try. We really are a very nice hotel. Our "normal" guest rooms have all new furniture, bedding, linens, lighting, and pillows. I honestly think you would really like our hotel, had we had a non smoking room to offer you that night.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

My sister and I stayed in smoking room with Jacuzzi tub for one night. I don't smoke; she does. But when walking into the room the first time, it was actually hard to tell it WAS a smoking room. For a hotel that is not new, it was very nice. Clean, and kept up. You could tell the management cares. The room had everything we needed, including coffee pot and lots of towels. The Jacuzzi was big and very nice. Bigger than an average tub (if you chose, you could easily fit two in it). The room had a lot of space and was "roomy". The bed and pillows were also very comfortable. We had a very good night's sleep. There is an indoor pool, but we didn't use it. The front-desk person was very pleasant and helpful. Easy to find the hotel and it is right next to the mall. Nice cont. breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dixie063
KarenMcKi, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you for your nice comments regarding our hotel! It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. The staff loves reading the comments from our guests, it makes us all feel very happy to hear that our hard work is paying off! If you come back to the area, let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Have a great day!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I was not sure what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised when we walked in. The room was much bigger than I expected and the carpeting was very clean. We got a smoking King room even though my sister does not smoke. Her fist comment was "Wow, I can barely smell cigarettes in here". The staff was wonderful and helpful. Check in was a breeze. I did not hear hallway noise at all and the bed was probably the most comfortable I've ever slept in! There is a small in hotel pool and weight room which we did not use. The breakfast was not just continental but had sausage, scrambled eggs as well as many other choices of fruit, cook-your-own waffles, yogurt, rolls and breads. My only complaint is that the hallways are not well signed and coffee in the rooms is horrible. I was so impressed for the price. We are looking to go back sometime soon just because the room was so nice! It was a great night away for our shopping trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
KarenMcKi, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write us such a great review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We take great pride in our hotel and I believe it shows! It is always nice to hear what our guests think of us and I am happy that you enjoyed your room, breakfast, and the staff! I do apologize that you did not like our" in room" coffee, I will have to look into that. If you come back into our area, I hope that you come and see us! Have a great day and thank you again for your nice words.