“Excellent staff. Old outdated hotel.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Inn by Radisson Clarion

Park Inn by Radisson Clarion
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Clarion
Minerva, Ohio
“Excellent staff. Old outdated hotel.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2010

While the staff at this hotel was excellent. My room smelled horribly of cigarette smoke. The hotel needs some updating on style. And while Dianne ( at check in ) informed me of activities going on at the hotel, I was not able to use or enjoy the pool or dining room because of them. I have much more enjoyable stays at other hotels for the amount of money.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ClarionHI, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Clarion, responded to this review, November 26, 2010
I want to thank you for your feedback during your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on having the best staff of any hotel around. I do apologize for the fact that you were unable to use some of the facilities during your stay. It was avery busy weekend and I know the indoor pool and fitness center were being used by many guests on the night of your stay. Due to customer feedback we have recently switched some of our smoking rooms to non-smoking and we are currently going throught all of those rooms again to make sure they have no smell or odor to them. I do thank you for your comments and hope than you will stay with us again the next time you are in in the Clarion PA area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Downers Grove, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2010

We were in town for a visit at Clarion University and decided to stay at the Holiday Inn near the university. The proximity was perfect and the rate was reasonable considering the time of year (school in session and lots of campus visits going on for the Biology department.

Very happy with our choice.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I'm delighted to hear that you had the opportunity to stay with us at the Holiday Inn during your recent visit to Clarion University. We are located less than 5 minutes from the University and directly off of Interstate 80. I would love to hear more feedback on your next stay with us if you trevel back in our area or get a chance to visit CUP again. Once again thanks for all of your comments.
Marietta, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2010

i arrived at 300AM and ask for a late check out and it was not a problem..big parking lot easy to get a semi into...this is a big old hotel I was surpised at how modernized and clean this place is ...the staff here really takes a lot of pride in their work to keep this place as nice as it is...ladies at front desk were very freindly,helpful ..room was not big but was clean,comfy bed,clean recently remodeled bathroom...restaurant was very good also...I would recommend this place to anybody wanting to get a great nights sleep for a descent price....

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank teamster175
We pride ourselves on providing great customer service along with all the other amentities that we provide. I'm glad you got a chance to eat in our restaurant and enjoy the new updates that we have added to our rooms. I hope that you will getb the chance to stay with us again on your next trip to Clarion PA
Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2010

Yes this is not the newest of Holiday Inns, but the service here during our stay was excellent.

We were initially given 1 room which had been a smoking room but still smelled bad, alongside our second room which was absolutely fine. We were offered 2 completely new rooms, and assistance to move our bags. This change was offered without hesitation and willingly.

The pool is great, clean and at a good temperature for relaxing after a days long drive. The restaurant is good, but the food was all very salty, but then there is an Applebees next door with exactly the same style of menu. Staff in the restaurant were very friendly and service was very prompt.

The rooms were all very clean and the beds were the normal super-comfortable standard.

All in all this was a great overnight stopover.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pzfus
I would like to thank the reviewer for their kind comments about their stay with us. We are the only pet friendly hotel in our area and one of only a few hotels whom have an indoor pool. I hope that you will get the chance to stay with us again on your next visit to out area.

Matt Darr
Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2010

Booked a room on the 18th. NINE days later they called me at home to say they didn't have a King Smoking Room. As a "Priority Club" member I certainly didn't expect this kind of treatment. I asked for the General Manager (Matt Darr) to call me. Never happened. I called "Priority Club" member services. They were no help, in fact they made lame excuses for the hotel about "the system overbooked", etc. Yet they had no answer why I still could go on-line and book a King Smoking Room at the rate of $199.00. My recommendation is avoid this hotel, avoid Priority Club, there loyalty to loyal guests is a joke and go with Marriott or Hyatt. They know how to treat there guests.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PolkaKing
ClarionHI, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Clarion, responded to this review, August 5, 2010
I would like to thank the reviewer for their comments on this issue. We are currently in the process of having our system issues resolved so this will not be a problem in the future. Unfortuanately we currently do not have any King smoking rooms available as we have only King non smoking rooms or smoking rooms with two double beds. Again I would like to thank you for your comments and would like you to know that we have made this a top priority to resolve this unfortuanate situation so this will not happen to any future guests who try to book a King smoking room.

Travelers are raving about these Clarion hotels

hbg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2010

I stayed at the Clarion, Pa Holiday Inn on June 22 &23, 2010 while attending a conference held at Clarion University. That is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in. The whole place and the rooms were clean and nicely decorated, the staff were so very friendly and helpful It is great that you allow dogs and smoking in some rooms. When i walked in the room did not smell of stale smoke. (made my day so few allow either dogs or smoking and it was nice after a long conference to come back and be able to have a cigarette in the comfort of my own room). I loved the pool it felt like I was outside but it was even nicer being inside and steps from the restaurant and lounge. There were rooms that opened out into the pool area. I liked the way you had a pool table, eating tables and a bar at the pool if a group wanted to use them. The lounge was nice and priced well often hotels charge an arm and a leg for a drink that was a refreshing change. Although I did not eat dinner there ( I was meeting colleagues in another town) I saw several meals others had and the food looked wonderful.
So often people are quick to complain and slow to compliment so I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed my stay in Clarion, Pa. thanks again jill

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Beaufort, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2010

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Clarion with family to celebrate my parent's Golden Wedding Anniversary. Leah at the front desk couldn't have been more accommodating. From taking the time with me on the phone to grant special guest rooms location requests to making sure we were taken care of in the restaurant, we couldn't have been happier. Thank you, Leah, for all you did for us!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarion
Quality Inn
#6 of 8 in Clarion
Budget Host Gold Eagle Inn
Budget Host Gold Eagle Inn
#3 of 4 in Brookville

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Clarion? Share your experiences!