“Nothing special”

Park Inn by Radisson Clarion
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Clarion
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Not good value for the money. We paid more for this place than we did for another hotel in the same chain (Holiday Inn Express) and this place doesn't even give you a free breakfast, like Holiday Inn Express. The room needs updating too. The bed was comfortable though, and we slept well. The room was clean. Staff was okay. The pool was small, if you want to swim laps, this isn't the place for you.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
LMoore8921, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Clarion, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I apologize that you feel you overpaid for your stay. You are correct, we do not offer a continental breakfast like a Holiday Inn Express. We are a full service hotel so you’ll find more amenities offered. We offer a convenient full service restaurant and lounge on property, as well as an indoor swimming pool in the indoor courtyard, business center, and fitness center. You will also find a putting green, billiards table, and ping pong table available in the courtyard.
Please stop back and see us again and enjoy the amenities.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We arrived shortly after midnight, very tired and just hoping for a good night's sleep. BUT, due to a dog barking in the room right next to us randomly throughout the night, this was a terrible stay! It was not posted visibly anywhere upon check-in that it is a pet friendly hotel. So very disappointed. Got up and knocked on neighbor's wall finally at 6:30a.m. Told management at checkout and was offered nothing. Would never go here again.

• Stayed: June 2014
LMoore8921, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Clarion, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

I want to first thank you for reviewing our hotel and letting us know of your experience. I apologize that it was not up to your expectations and your sleep was interrupted. We are a pet friendly hotel. Guest traveling with their animals are informed of the pet policy on barking dogs. Dogs are to remain quiet and are not allowed to be left alone. Please don’t let the lack of respect from other guest sway your opinion of the Clarion Holiday Inn. Come back and visit us again. Thank you again for your review and safe travels to you.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

While traveling last weekend we booked a room at the Holiday Inn in Clarion, PA. Though the hotel was a bit dated....our room appeared nice until I lifted the sheets and looked at the mattress cover. That is where I saw what looked like a blood stain and rust stains and little black specks that smeared when I rubbed my finger over them....ewe. Then I saw the bed bug and I freaked out.. We got there after 11 p.m. and my husband was wanting to skip the bed bug inspection and go right to sleep. We promptly reported it and check out. The onsite mgr was very nice and checked us out after apologizing. She said that they had never had them before. Everyone please get informed on bed bugs before you stay anywhere and take some home with you. It doesn't mean the hotel is dirty or unclean...it means someone brought the bed bugs in with them and the maids may not have found them.

Room Tip: Room 165 was the room we were given and the walls appear to be paper thin.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

I want to first thank you for reviewing our hotel and letting us know of your experience. I apologize that it was not up to your expectations. I will use your review as a training tool for the entire staff to make them aware of what they missed. We consistently strive to go above and beyond every guest’s expectations, and when we miss something, we love to hear about it so that we can correct the issue. You are completely right about issues with bed bugs should not be a reflection of the hotels cleanliness. Bed bugs are always brought into a property via travelers. I hope that when returning to the area, you give us the chance again to show you who we truly are. Thank you again for your review and safe travels to you.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I inadvertently booked through 'Hotel Savings'- didn't know I wasn't talking to Holiday Inn. I ended up paying $36 in fees and spent $176 for a room there which I think is too expensive- would have been cheaper if I had just called the hotel directly. Be aware of who you are booking through. Hotel savings told me they were under Orbitz' umbrella after I pressed them. Also, I was not mailed a confirmation and didn't have the conf number when I called back- just a nightmare and really inconvenient. Don't book through 3rd parties!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Service was excellent rooms were very nice. Hotel is well maintained. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend this hotel.. Will absolutely stay here in the future. It far exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth C
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We have stopped at this Holiday Inn twice on the way to visit our son & grandkids in New jersey. It's located right off Rt. 80 in Clarion, Pa.. Jim, the host, has helped us on both visits and he is a pleasure to interact with. He is very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and they have a nice pool area. We always bring our golden retriever and the pet charge is only $10.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2014

The entire process from making a reservation to checking-out was above average. The front desk, restaurant/bar, and housekeeping service were all very good. The fitness center and pool facilities used were inviting and welcoming. No problems were encountered during my visit. The hotel is a one-stop location with all the amenities offered on-site. Locally, the hotel is centrally located to various restaurants, mall, movie theater, and shopping with even a golf course next to the facility.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
LMoore8921, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Clarion, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

PACowboy69,

Thank you for a fantastic review. I'm thrilled to hear that you had an "above average" check in and check out. The front desk, restaurant, and housekeeping staff are also "above average." The Clarion Holiday Inn strives to provide a friendly, inviting atmosphere and I'm glad to hear that you got to experience it. We look forward to your next stay.

Lindsey Moore, Front Office Manager