“Good Overnight”

Park Inn by Radisson Clarion
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Clarion
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The hotel is easy access off I-80 with good food choices nearby. We used the highway coupon book and compared locations using Trip Advisor. Rooms are clean and the staff are very friendly. A good spot for a quick overnight for the weary road traveler.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back to avoid any road noises
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
rvdogs, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Clarion, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Your comments were greatly appreciated. Numerous travelers on Interstate 80 love the easy access to our hotel. We cant wait to host you and your family during your next travels through the Clarion area.

There are newer reviews for Park Inn by Radisson Clarion

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Small rooms and noisy AC made for not-so-nice experience. The AC sounded like a busted bathroom exhaust. Tried wedging the free granola bar into the vent to quiet it and got some relief. Glad for the free granola bar. Bed sheets were itchy and honestly not very clean either. Found some trash tucked away behind the bedside table. The rooms are very small and there is no elevator since the place was built before they were invented (I think).

Room Tip: If you have a lot of stuff, get the first floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
ClarionHI, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Clarion, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

I want to assure you that your comments are taken very seriously. We have looked into the AC unit in the room you mentioned and have fixed the problem that was making a rattle noise. We unfortuanately do not have an elevator with the hotel being two stories and I apologize if this was not communicated to you during the reservation process. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the granola bar that we give to all IHG Reward memebrs and want to thank you for being a member in the program.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is an old hotel, probably an early holidome, that needs another renovation. Yes, the carpets are dirty and there is no hot tub by the quite cold pool. The restaurant was average with an ambiance that reminded me of early days, when most holiday inns had restaurants. Our room was old, but not awful, the bathroom had a nice round tub and shower combination. No breakfast here, which would have increased our convenience factor alot since we are on motorcycles.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback relating to your recent stay. You are correct in that we are an original Holidome. Although we do not have a hot tub, I hope you were able to take advantage of the indoor pool during your stay and Im glad to see you used our full service restaurant as well. Being a full service restaurant we serve breakfast each morning but what distiguishes us from an Express is the breakfast is a full menu and not complimentary. Again, I thank you for you comments and hope to see you again during your next stay in the Clarion area.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This hotel was not on par with what I have come to expect from IHG properties. The staff was friendly, but the facility was not up to IHG standards, The carpets were dirty and the hallways had a bad odor. It smelled as if the sewage system was venting into the hallway. The food at the restaurant was not what I would have expected for the price, The indoor pool was too cold to swim in. The key card stopped working twice, once while I was outside the building (other guests were also complaining about this). The hotel is not easy to get around in, lobby is not well marked and the only way I could find to get to the front desk was through the banquet hall and the restaurant (both of which were occupied). IHG hotels are my choice hotels to stay in (I average 5 nights a month), but I do not believe that I would stay at this property again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Caleb D

I want to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us in Clarion. We have taken a serious look at all issues during your stay and have made a few changes to the hotel to better serve all guests in the future. In hope that you will take advantage of these changes during your next stay in the Clarion area and I would like to apologize for any and all inconveinances that you had during your stay.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Driving late with family and needed sleep. Arrived late and took the last room. The lady at the counter was kind and friendly. My first impression was when I noticed the carpet in the lobby looked dirty. The carpet in the hall was dirty. The carpet in the room was dirty and damp. Found food ( cookies, crackers, dried orange peeling) under the couch. Corners of room not vacuumed and dirty with pieces of food and dust. There were black spots on the matress, which turned out to be sand and small rocks. The room was very dirty, so we left and Cancelled our room. We continued to drive west throughout the night. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Clarion, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Kb0p,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay.

I apologize that the level of cleanliness in our hotel did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to ensure all of our guests are provided with a clean, comfortable room. Please be assured that cleanliness is of the utmost concern to us and feedback such as yours is taken very seriously.

We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience. Your feedback is indeed of utmost importance to us and rest assured that actions will be taken to ensure our guests continue to enjoy superlative levels of service and comfort that they expect when staying at our hotel. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Dhan M

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Although we paid for this room with points I would have to say that it wasn't worth the points. We were supposed to get an upgrade - didn't happen. The bathroom shower curtain looked like someone had done pull ups on it and the ceiling was just plain gross!!

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear padmill0906,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback.

I sincerely apologize for the shortcomings you have encountered in your room. Guest comfort is of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a comfortable environment. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and actions will be taken where possible. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

It is only through valuable feedback we receive from our valued customers that we would be in a position to know where we go wrong and rectify the circumstances or incidents, in order to ensure that we do not repeat the same in the future. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Dhan M

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I were driving home after a week long vacation. We needed to stop and chose the Holiday Inn. Jim was very friendly at check in and eagerly accepted our coupon for the stay. We had a room on the first floor overlooking the courtyard which for us was a BIG mistake. We tried to change rooms, but preferred to have a queen bed. Firstly, the room did smell like stale smoke and I have to agree with other reviews; the decor was a bit old. We wanted to get to sleep early as we were tired from a long drive. The noise level was unbearable! How much Marco Polo can you listen to? It finally quieted down after 11. We could hear people talking in the room next to us......Then my husband was awakened at 2:30 in the morning by a person banging on the door across the hall. I realize that it's not the hotel's fault that guests are rude but I couldn't recommend this hotel if you want to sleep...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Clarion, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear drgccg,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please allow us to apologize for the issues you had with your room accommodations and the experience you had with the noise which affected your stay negatively. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M