“Great service with convenient location to I-80”

Park Inn by Radisson Clarion
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Clarion
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We chose this hotel because of the indoor recreation center with indoor pool. After traveling all day it was exactly what our kids needed. They loved the indoor pool, ping pong table and putting green. The hotel is an older hotel and in need of updating but the employees at the hotel made up for it. At checkin the girl was very friendly and told us about the poolside rooms after seeing that we had children. We decided to order room service for dinner and the server told me that they were pretty busy so it would be 45 minutes. Within 35 minutes our food was brought to our room. My daughter decided at the last minute that she wanted something else to drink and the sever was so nice about it. Everyone thought their food was good and I thought it was of good value. The hotel rooms seemed a little worn but the beds were very comfortable. Overall, it was a nice hotel and we would choose it again because our kids enjoyed it so much.

• Stayed: March 2012
Jocelynn S, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Clarion, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear jumper00,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Holiday Inn of Clarion!

We're very glad you liked our convenient location and had a pleasant experience. Since we are not a new property, we strive to provide excellent service. The staff will be delighted to hear that their efforts were noted!

Once again, thanks for your review!

There are newer reviews for Park Inn by Radisson Clarion

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Karly and Denise are great Checking in to the Hotel and getting you a good Rate!! Was very Helpful and professional!! Also Nicole was great in getting my left items in the room back to me in a timely manner like 5 days all the way back to Garland Texas near Dallas!! Wow! What great service!! And Barbara in the Sports Bar there was Super as well!! Great Food there! Nice T,V.'s everywhere like 6 or 7 large screens!! Overall felt like I was back in TEXAS!! Enjoyed the atmosphere and considerate people there!!

Room Tip: Since I Travel for work and not vacation price is important to me!! Get the coupon book at Rest Area...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Dear Jimmy H,

On behalf of all the staff, I would like to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn of Clarion! Thank you for taking the time to write a review and tell us of your pleasant experience with Karly, Denise, Nicole, and Barbara.
We hope you visit us again on your next trip through Pennsylvania. Safe travels!

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Great rooms; convenient to a plethora of restaurants and very near Highway 80.

Room Tip: No elevators so if you need first floor, better call ahead and make specific reservations. Half the...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Dear MooseMikeNY,

Thank you for your Review and Room Tip! We're glad you enjoyed our convenient location right off of exit 62 near a great variety of restaurants. We appreciate your business, and hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed January 30, 2012

After experiencing the best accommodations when going to NYC, coming back and staying here was a bit of a letdown.
Once again, used the coupon from the discount traveler publication that the welcome center gives away...........I decided to try this hotel.
Oddly I received a handicap room, which had 3 doors. One to the hallway, one to an adjoining room and one and lead out to the indoor courtyard where pool and table games are located.
I think I was the only patron on that side, and although very quiet........I felt nervous about security since I was a solo traveler.
It was clean and smaller in size, served the purpose but small things needed attention.
Burned out lightbulbs in lamps and shower in need of drano.
Front desk did offer to "see to it" but I reported this only as a courtesy for housekeeping.
Breakfast was not "free" but I was given a $5. voucher towards such as I have a priority club membership. Cost me $6. more in the morning, but it was restaurant style and very good.
Free wireless and I used the computer(in the lobby) to print a map for the next day.
Let's just say that it will meet your needs but doesn't shine like other Holiday Inns. Just a bit tired.
The pool was nice and warm and I was the only one there. Would have loved a hot tub after driving so many miles.
I might try another hotel in the area, the next time I travel I-80 home from NYC.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank oxengirl
ClarionHI, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Clarion, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Your comments were expremely useful to myself and my staff regarding you receiving a handicap rooms. The night you stayed with us we did not have any King rooms left and our fronk desk clerk gave you a handicap room as they have queen beds in them. Beacuse this was not relayed to you, I understand you confusion. All our our courtyard rooms, in which you were in one, have a connecting door to the adjacent room and a door that opens directly to our indoor courtyard. Our rooms that do not open into the courtyard do not have the connecting door or the door to the courtyard. Again I apologize for this not being explained during check in. These issues have been addressed and I hope you will give us the opportunity the show you all the wonderful things that you had commented on again during your next trip through our area.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

I have stayed at this Holiday Inn on many business trips to the area and I find this establishment to suit my needs ... The desk clerks have always been very pleasant and helpful ... Check-inn’s are always speedy and check-out's always accurate ... The hotel is old and tired looking but I have always found the room to be very clean and tidy, with the occasional carpet stain here and there ... The beds and bedding are superb and very comfy ... The TV's are older and dated but having my favorite cable channels makes up for the old 19" square tubes ... Wireless throughout the property is very speedy and easy to connect ... The work space in the room was ample to spread out my laptop and necessities ... I have never seen an elevator so if you get a second floor room it is a hike up the steps ... Ample restaurants in the area so if hotel food isn't your forte you should do just fine elsewhere ... There is an inside courtyard with a heated pool but I always seem to check in after it has closed for the night ... It's not the best Holiday Inn I have stayed at but for the dollars spent it has earned my respect and continued business ...

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage ask for a ground floor room or the steps will become your nemesis ...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Your comments were taken in the highest regard coming from a business traveler who spends many nights in a hotel. We unfortuanately do not have an elevator as we only have two floors. We have someone on duty 24 hours a day to help with any luggage or other issues for guests who are staying on the second floor. Your comments regarding our internet service, beds, and friendly customer service have been relayed to my staff as they pride themselves on giving all guests a home away from home feel. I look forward to once again providing the atmosphere you expect while traveling and spending a night with us during your next trip to Clarion PA.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

Have stayed at this Holiday Inn several times. In Clarion on business at the university. Hotel booked by the university. The rooms are large. The beds comfortable. The bathroom tub, remarkably, had a fast flowing drain and good water pressure for the shower.
The room, the halls and the other public areas are clean but tired. The most obvious defect shows in all the permanent stains on the carpets, the patched paint on doors, the peeling paper near floors and corners.
There is an open courtyard that once held a bar, I believe. The pool is indoors and heated but small for the number of people that frequent the hotel. The end of the courtyard away from the pool is used for catered meals. Every time I have come to this hotel, it has been on a weekend and every time there has been a conference of some sort serving meals in this area. The drawback is that the section accessed by outside door A cannot reach the lobby when this area is occupied. I have a recent injury and walking a full circle around the building to reach the lobby was a strain for me.
The bar which has lobby access opens at 5:00. I've always had an evening activity at the college and when I return at 11:00 it is closed and empty. Others may have had a different experience.
Check-in time is 3:00. This also seems to be administrative time therefore the one person at the desk had interruptions from an administrator, consequently an unnecessary line formed.
The hotel has ADA compliant rooms but no power door openers or assists.
The laundry facilities for housekeeping was at the end of the hall from my room. To counteract the heat from the dryers, the doors are held full open allowing heat noise and view of detergent dispensers and laundry supplies in full view. Not an appealing picture.

Room Tip: As for a room accessed by door F to keep away from the laundry facilities and have easy access to th...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank roadrun50

Your comments pertaining to the service that you have received from our hotel were wonderful and have been forwarded to each department. Our relationship with Clarion University is one that we cherish as we have been great partners over the years. We have addressed the issue regarding our laundry department as this is not the impression that we want our guests to have of the hotel. I would also like to thank you for the nice comments in regards to the size of our rooms, comfortable beds, and bathroom facilities. Please feel free to ask for me during your next stay as I would love a chance to sit down with you and discuss your recent stays a little further as we are always looking and trying to learn how to be a better home away from home to all of our customers.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

We did an overnight stay and weren't looking for a 5 star but expected more from Holiday Inn.
Bar and restaurant employees were very nice and provided good service. The front desk seemed disinterested when we expressed our view about the room which was very old, the bathroom had mold around tub and the room smelled (hotel allows smoking for an upcharge).

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bobbidal

I want to thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am excited to hear about the great service you received from our food and beverage department. The comment regarding your bathroom are a huge concern for me and this has been addressed with both our housekeeping and maintenance staff. I also apologize for the information that you received regarding our smoking policy. We do not charge for smoking rooms but we charge a fee of $150 to anyone who nsmokes in a non smoking room. Your comments have been extremely helpful to our staff and myself and I hope you check out the changes we have made since your last stay with us the next time you our in our area.