“Nice experience, great value”

Econo Lodge Clairton
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clairton
PA
“Nice experience, great value”
Reviewed February 3, 2010

Looking for a good value in the Pittsburgh area, and reserved here. Was not disappointed. The EconoLodge is the budget Choice hotel brand, and this one was one of the best I've stayed in. Very friendly desk staff, large room, huge bathroom, new paint, doors, tile, etc. On a busy highway, Rt. 51, but the rooms face off-street and mine was quiet. Very happy with the choice.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 23, 2009

I guess this place used to be called the Starlight Motel. Has had a recent remodeling and the rooms are all new. I've stayed their 4 or 5 times over the past few months and they are always very friendly. The rooms are clean, simple and well maintained. A great value for a name brand hotel in the area. Also, free WiFi.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Lufkin, TX
Reviewed November 20, 2009

I was on a trip between Washington DC and Peoria, IL. I was looking for a hotel with a good price and good WIFI. I called two other EconoLodges closer to the Interstate, and both did not have wireless WIFI. I was given a very good rate, and assured over the phone by Manny (Great Guy by the way) that they had excellent coverage on their WIFI. Well they did, and my room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was huge!
I felt for my price, I received an excellent deal. I had a great night's sleep, was able to get all the work I needed to get done online, and was on my way in the morning. The desk clerk, Manny, is a very friendly person, who bent over backwards to be sure I was comfortable and accommodated. I would recommend this location to anyone one the go, looking for an affordable deal...especially business travelers.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank frequentraveler2000
Duncansville, PA
Reviewed June 15, 2009

This is the worst motel I ever stayed at around Pittsburgh. I called to reserve a room for a smoker because my wife smokes and I was told that we would have one, but when we checked in we were told there were no smoking in any of the rooms because they just remodeled the rooms. They did remodel but the bathroom was poorly designed and why use an old dresser that fell apart when you try to pull the drawer out to use it. Our room had a used frdge in it and no microwave. We were also told that our price was $69.00 including tax on the phone but when we checked in it was $75.10 with the tax. We will never stay here again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Binghamton, NY
Reviewed March 27, 2009

This motel doesn't look like much from the outside. But the room is big, clean, and pretty nice overall. It's right on 51, so it's easy, if a bit tedious, to get into the city. Lots of food and even a mall nearby. And a bus stop right outside if you're public transport savvy.

Overall, it's way cheaper than staying someplace downtown. The staff has been friendly, and you get free wi-fi. You probably have to get up at the crack of dawn to get the continental breakfast, and judging by the space they allocate for it, you might not get much. But the rooms have microwaves and fridges, so you can stock your own snacks.

Overall, I think it's a pretty good deal.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank NotAnotherJazzPoet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clairton
SpringHill Suites West Mifflin
Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/West Mifflin
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 5 in West Mifflin
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin
Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront

Been to Econo Lodge Clairton? Share your experiences!