“Fabulous Food ... Small Portions”
Review of Yellow Springs Inn

Yellow Springs Inn
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Delicious french cuisine served in a beautifully restored Victorian house.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Had dinner here on a Saturday evening. The building that houses the restaurant is a beautifully restored victorian home. You enter via the lovely, candlelit front porch with tables for dining. The interior of the restaurant is quite impressive ... be sure to walk through all the rooms.

This is our third time to the Yellow Springs Inn at this location.

Cons ... Each and every time, they have been out of MULTIPLE entrees on the menu. The portion sizes are quite small. The fig appetizer was a single fig; the crab cake that came with the filet was the size of a large scallop and the filet portion not that much larger ... for $40, I would have expected more. The salmon portions and other entree sizes were also quite small.

Pros .. the food is out of this world fantastic!!! Everyone at our table raved about the food. I had the filet and crab cake and I can honestly say that the crab cake was the best I have ever tasted. When I put that first forkful into my mouth the taste just exploded. And I could have licked the plate the mushroom sauce on the filet was THAT good. Everyone at our table was equally impressed with desert. I had a peanut butter/chocolate tart that was over the top fantastic. Excellent service as well.

So, even though my biggest complaint is the portion size for price, you have room for desert, and at least you aren't leaving the restaurant so uncomfrotable you have to unbotton your pants for the ride home! I would go back and sacrifice portion size for quality.

1  Thank luvvy_22

Reviewed August 22, 2012

This Chester County BYOB is a true find. We have enjoyed dinner at the Yellow Springs Inn twice. On both occassions the food and the service were outstanding. The setting is beautiful whether dining on the proch or in the beautifully restored dining rooms. With carefully souced ingredients, the food is excellent. This has become our new go-to place in Chester County.

1  Thank KMQ_16
Reviewed August 6, 2012

If you want to be certain of an outstanding restaurant meal or a special catered event, choose Yellow Springs Inn. We travel and eat out a fair amount. This is our favorite by far. The presentation is as delightful as the food itself. The wait staff make everyone feel special, both in restaurant or in a catered setting. We have enjoyed both large holiday dinners and quiet dinners for 2 at the restaurant. The catered events at our home always resulted in rave reviews. Don't miss this one!

3  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Amazing that this place is 2 1/2 miles from our house and we have only now discovered it. It's a BYOB with a great menu. Check it out at http://www.yellowspringscatering.com/ The food was great, the service was great and we dined on the porch watching deer grazing in the field across the street.

3  Thank Ed N
Reviewed March 7, 2012

So many old inns are traditional and historic and true to their roots. Yellow Springs is an eclectic change. The food is very good the decor interesting. We enjoy our visits. They periodically bring in entertainment which we have always enjoyed. A nice evening out.

1  Thank tompa49