“A feeling of coming Home”

Hamanassett Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed September 8, 2005

• Stayed: September 2005
Coral Gables, FL
Reviewed August 30, 2005

My wife and I stayed at Hamanassett B&B while sending our son off to college. The peaceful environment, the wonderful Innkeeper (Ashley), and the great food made the experience second to none. We also had a great time playing billiards in the game room!

We are already booking our room for next Spring, when we go back for family weekend. I can't recommend Hamanassett B&B enough.

• Stayed: August 2005
Reviewed August 26, 2005

From the moment I called to inquire about a room, I knew this B &B was special. The Inn Keeper's voice was so welcoming that it seemed like we were friends rather than total strangers! When I arrived weary from my travels, the friendly greetings I received were greatly appreciated. I stayed in a fabulous suite that was so comfortable the thought of touring the area was out of the question. I chose a rocking chair on the wide porch for the peace and quiet of the countryside. Each afternoon, we were delighted with delicious cookies and fresh lemonade. The elegantly-set dining table and candlelit breakfast framed the plentiful and scrumptious two-course meal...what a way to begin a day!

The staff kept the rooms shining and they greeted us each day with smiles and kindness. Friendliness, peace and tranquility, good food, comfortable beds and beautiful surroundings...there is nothing more to want. I stayed three nights and I wished I could stay much longer. If you are in the Swarthmore/Media area of Philadelphia...THIS is the place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled on business
1  Thank kobrigama
Reviewed August 23, 2005

We never stayed at a B&B before, but after our experience at Hamanassett we would only consider B&Bs when we travel. The home was beautifully located on a hill with a lovely pasture next to the house. The interior was decorated with the charm of its innkeepers. Ashley made us feel as if we were part of her family as she welcomed us with her southern charm. The breakfasts were to die for. We had to skip lunch. If you go you must ask her to make her banana pancakes!!

• Stayed: August 2005
1  Thank wonderrmom
Reviewed August 20, 2005

My wife and I have just returned from a totally relaxing and invigorating visit to the Brandywine Valley area. There were many highlights to our trip but at the very top was our stay with Ashley and Glenn Mon at their world class Hamanassett Bed & Breakfast.

Literally everything at the Hamanassett was delightful. The cooking was creative, the accomodations perfect, and the hosts and staff friendly, industrious and cheerful. The attention to detail and the genuine warmth and hospitality were truly remarkable. Adding to the uniqueness of our stay, we made instant friends with Ashley's two loyal four-legged companions, Regal and Gumbo.

For those, who like us, often depend on the Select Registry listings as a guide, our stay at the Hamanassett has proven that there are first-rate
B & B's that do not choose to participate in the Select Registry Program.

In short, the Hamanassett has catapulted to the very top of our list of favorite B & B's!

1  Thank marlowe
Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford
Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Brandywine Valley
Inn at Mendenhall, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington

Been to Hamanassett Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!