“Geat action”

Harrah's Philadelphia
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Chester
More attraction details
Owner description: Harrah's Philadelphia Casino & Racetrack is open 24 hours 7 days a week - 365 days a year! Ready for virtually limitless slot action, pulse-pounding horse racing and non-stop thrills? We'll see you at Harrah's Philly! Gambling Problem? Call 1800Gambler.
Meyersdale
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Geat action”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

If you are looking for great gaming, good food and a chance to bet on live racing, this is the place

Visited December 2012

• Vietnamese first
Austin, Texas
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Nice Freestanding Casino”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

I'm not a huge casino buff, but I certainly like to go to one on occasion. I found myself near the Harrah's in Chester on New Year's Eve, so I decided to swing by.

I've been to enough free-standing casinos to know the good from the bad, and this casino is pretty nice. There's a great selection of slots, and I was able to eventually track down all of my favorites. I can't remember where, but I've been in a casino before where they can tell you where your favorite machines are at a kiosk, which I didn't see here. None-the-less, they were there and were as fun as always.

There were plenty of smoking and non-smoking sections (more smoking though I think), and the place didn't wreak of smoke which was nice. There were also some nice dining options.

If I had to critique anything, I'd say that I wish there was maybe one or two more super-casual dining options (grab and go), and I wish there was a kiosk that could tell you where machines were, or even printed maps that showed you the layout. I wandered around and found things eventually.

My big tip if you come: Valet park. As a non card-carrying member, it cost me a whopping $5, and saved me from hiking from the parking lot. Everyone seemed too damn cheap to spend the money, but I was glad to.

Visited December 2012
Denver, PA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Better than Sugarhouse worse than Parx”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

I do not mind the area.. I do not know why people complain about it being near a prison since you barely even notice that but whatever.
Pros are I like their comps and how they are connected to Atlantic City.. I love their parking garage and sometimes have done fairly well on their slots. (thought i have never won a hand pay here)
Cons are that it is too small, I do not like their free play system (with the coupons of the code needed, not good if you leave it at home and they can do nothing for you)

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Candy C
Wilmington, De
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“It's behind the prison!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Venturing into Chester to get here is just to prepare you for the pure hell of parking here. All parking is in a garbage where people get real stupid. Poor signage, people not knowing where to go, etc, etc.

The casino is on the top floor after an endless escalator ride. The staff is rude and unfriendly, if not unprofessional. The food is expensive and is not good at all.

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fun Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Clean, free drink machines, free buffet for newcomers! Smoking and non smoking sections and staff very friendly.

Visited November 2012