“Good Value for on a budget”

Days Inn Chester Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Chester
Mehoopany, Pennsylvania
“Good Value for on a budget”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Booked through Parksleep&fly. Hotel is old , but clean my truck was left while I traveled. I was taken to airport promptly for my flight and picked up at 1am promptly. Will I use this hotel again definitely!! The staff was efficient and helpful!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I was warned not to stay here buy someone very familiar with the property but we both ended up booking rooms there for a night. It wasn't as bad as many of the reviews led me to believe but ... it really is one tacky hotel. The wall paper, exterior doors, decor are all in serious need of an upgrade. Not much chance of my returning.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I booked room from Travelocity and this hotel is a bargain for the price. I think I got a cheap deal and it was more than expected for the price I paid. I was there just sleep over night. In total I was in the hotel for about 5/6 hours or so and I was sleeping most of the time. My opinion is it is okay for sleep over.

One more thing, it was my Philadelphia trip, I think this hotel is far from Philadelphia and I had to buy a train ticket to go to Philadelphia. But the good thing was I bought one day pass which I used to ride the buses and trains in Philadelphia. So it was okay for me otherwise the ticket is little bit expensive. They have a free shuttle from Philadelphia airport, that a plus.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Pa
Reviewed October 10, 2011

My BFF and I stayed here on a Friday night in September. The front desk guys were nice. When we opened the door, all I could smell was smoke. We had specifically asked for a no smoking room. I immediately went back down to the front desk and asked for another room. I was given another room and when I opened the door, again I smelled smoke. Our room was on the third floor and apparently the smell drifts up from the floor that is all smoking. I would not want to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank tinker1bellPa
West Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I went to visit my family last week (2nd week of august) and on my way back to CT by delays on US airway (which by the way awful airline....but thats a different review) I lost my connection flight. That flight was the last one out of philly so USAirways customer service gave me a coupon for the Days Inn at Chester. It was around 11:30. I called the hotel asking for the shuttle and the front desk lady sounded annoyed by my call, she told me that the driver will pick me up in 30 min (the hotel is 10 min from the airport). It was midnight. I was standing alone outside the airport, nobody around. After 30 min I called back to the hotel. The annoyed lady told me the driver drive by and didnt saw me which is impossible since I was the only person on the whole airport shttle parking lot. He never went to pick me up. A driver for the ramada asked me if I needed help and offered to even take me to the days inn which is against his hotel's policy. I decided right there to stay at the ramada paying more and losing the discount coupon from USAirways. It's the small things.......

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Rummus151
crambury, nj
Reviewed February 22, 2011

This place is shabby, much in need in renovation, and smells of Indian cooking. But it it is what it is: the rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, and the staff are friendly and helpful. We used it as a place to sleep before an early departure from Philadelphia airport. It is only 10 minutes away with 24 hour transport to and from. Airline personnel use it on a regular basis. We left our car there for a week with no problems. The lot is well ighted, with no gate. You can't beat it for price and convenience. Next time I'll probably spend another $50 and stay in the Sheraton.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ilmagnific0
Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 4, 2011

My husband stayed in this hotel in the summer time for about a week while we were relocating here because of our jobs. I booked the hotel through the credit card and we paid for it in cash. They charged the credit card as well, basically we have paid double for that week in that disgusting hotel. We have tried on numerous accounts to get this resolved. They have given us the run around for all most five months now. We have been told that they have recredited the account and that has not happened. We can't wait any longer, we are now getting lawyers involved. This place is criminal, stay away if you know whats best for you.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank eddiggity
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chester
Best Western Plus Philadelphia Airport South at Widener University
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl ...
#1 of 2 in Springfield - Delaware County
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport

Been to Days Inn Chester Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!