TripAdvisor
Chester
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews philadelphia airport waffles shuttle driver mini fridge bed was comfortable free shuttle continental breakfast campus uno proximity
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was traveling with my dogs and I had to stop off and get a hotel after a long travel, I called the Best Western and they accomadated me immediately. They-Kenny, Ms.Kelly, and Viviana were highly professional went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable. I would recommend it to anyone, would love to come back and stay again. They have a great crew and Ramone was so nice on the phone. The hotel was clean and stocked wonderfully for all my needs. The was no need to ask for anything. Thanks again Maureen.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Philadelphia Airport South at Widener University, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi nicetra,

Thank you very much for your kind review and recommendation. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated our place. We appreciate the kind words and compliment to our staff, especially Kenny, Kelly, Viviana and Ramone and the cleanliness of the hotel room during your stay. Thanks for rewarding our efforts in providing the best service to our guests. Looking forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I stay in a lot of BW’s for work. This is by far the worst I have ever been in. The shower was full of mold. The blankets were completely worn through. I had to physically force the door open and closed. 90% sure the sheets hadn’t been changed. I was seriously concerned I would get bedbugs from this place as well. Just overall seemed very grimy and made me uncomfortable.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so sorry for the unfortunate incident that you experienced regarding shower, blankets, sheets and the visit of unwelcome bedbugs in your guest room. We do have pesticide treatment every month and we never had a problem in past and also usually our housekeeping staff always check it properly after they complete cleaning the room but I will also make sure with my housekeeping staff about the incidence. Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again and to impress you with our improvements.

Reviewed September 17, 2019

The room did not smell that great when I went in but got use to the scent over 3 days. House keeping did a poor job in preparing the room for the following night as they left used coffee cups around the microwave and wash cloths on the shower head.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience and I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Your feedback is very important to us, and I am saddened to hear that you had issues with housekeeping during your stay. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem especially with the unpleasant smell and prevent any future occurrences. Know that we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations.

Reviewed September 16, 2019

I wouldn't recommend staying in this hotel unless you are visiting the nearby university. There is only one restaurant nearby and it has average ratings. The hotel was being remodeled while I was there, which was fine. The room had a faint odor of smoke in it. The surrounding area is sketchy and I was aggressively approached by vagrants begging for money in the parking lot of the hotel. The staff was friendly, and the room was fairly clean, but missing a Do Not Disturb sign for the door.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Philadelphia Airport South at Widener University, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2019

billy532019
We are always striving to improve our offerings and that is why your input is so important. Thank you for sharing your feedback pertaining to our hotel. Your voice is very valuable to us and we hope you will return to experience the improvements that we are continuously making.

Reviewed August 20, 2019

We stayed at this hotel one night because of its proximity to the airport--we were flying out the next morning, and we arrived late...after midnight. We did not research its exact location, or read reviews regarding it prior. I wish we had. It is part of a business grouping that includes a bank, apartment housing, and a 7-Eleven. It is directly across from Widener University. Because we arrived from the south, the signage was not clear--we turned into the first driveway past where we thought the hotel should be, and were lucky enough to have chosen the correct drive. From the opposite direction, the hotel's name is on the building with the bank's name. The parking is behind the building, and separated from the hotel. Once parked, you have to carry your luggage between and around buildings to reach the hotel's entrance. The parking lot is dark, and since we were unfamiliar with the area, it made me a little uneasy. I did, however, see a patrol car drive through as I waited for my husband to check us in. The lobby was nice, as was the room. The hotel appears to be new/updated. Our King room was spacious, included modern furnishing, and the bed very comfortable. The refrigerator was clean and cold, and included a freezer, which we appreciated. The bathroom was also good-sized with shower only and plenty of counter space for toiletries. The water pressure/flow of the shower was low, so washing my thick, long hair was a little difficult, but the hotel has already told me they are passing this comment on to management. Hopefully, they will find a fix for that. I'd recommend this hotel if you have business at or are visiting the university. For sightseeing and with infants (we'd requested a pack-n-play, but one was not provided), I'd suggest other accommodations.

Room tip: Request not on the same side as the 7-Eleven - not even being on the 2nd floor lessened the noise level
Date of stay: August 2019
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Philadelphia Airport South at Widener University, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing this experience with us. I regret to hear of your dissatisfaction with our locations and the water pressure! Your comments and feedback will help us to recognize our strengths and improve upon our weaknesses, though I am glad to hear positive feedback about our rooms and that you find it clean and comfortable. Please keep us in mind for your next stay in the area.