“Bit of a hidden gem and a surprisingly good find in Charleroi”
Review of River House Cafe

River House Cafe
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Charleroi
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2009

We were staying in Bentleyville which doesn't have a single decent place to eat so ventured a little further East not expecting much. We noticed this place when driving through the main street in Charleroi and at first it looked like the best of a bad bunch however we underestimated it.

The menu was pretty extensive - OH and I both opted for salads as appetisers - very filling and varied, not just shed loads of lettuce.
Husband then had a beef stew which was piping hot and tasty, I chose sauteed shrimp which were cooked just to perfection.
We shared ice cream sundae for dessert and enjoyed a beer and a glass of house red. Total bill was less than $55.
Our server (ashamed I can't remember the young lady's name so I could name her) was very pleasant and attentive and other guests seemed to be enjoyong exactly the same care and attention.

Seems like quite large premises - we were seated ahead and to the right upon entry which looked a little bit of an odd area at first however I think they have live music playing sometimes and this may be the area directly in front of the stage.
Also on the menu it mentioned a buffet lunch which seemed to be set up in this area.

We were surprised and happy to recommend - in fact I made a point of letting the Holiday Inn in Bentleyville, where we were staying, know as it's well worth the short drive to this place.

There are newer reviews for River House Cafe