“Could have been a Five”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Champion
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Champion
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I attended a two day conference that was held at the resort. This place is huge! My king size room was on the tenth floor of the 'tower' section. Took me over seven minutes to walk to the convention side of the property. My room was very nice and seemed to be completely updated. King size bed with couch that would pull out into a bed. Lots of hooks to put coats/wet ski clothes and lots of hangers in the 'closet' area by the second sink just outside the bathroom. I am of fairly average height and the shower head was at my forehead...kind of awkward washing my hair but no real complaints with the amenities.
All of the areas I toured were well maintained. They do a nice job keeping the place looking nice. There is a very large indoor swimming pool with two private hot tub areas to rent by the half hour. There are also two game rooms, one just outside the pool area that allows the player to win tickets to exchange for prizes. I think my grandkids would love this area. I also saw the bowling alley, the indoor putt-putt area and roller skating rink. Lots of 'public' seating areas and bars and restaurants to choose from. Once again, all well maintained.
I was only un-impressed with one aspect and that was the check-in staff. The two women there weren't very friendly or helpful at all and I kind of felt like I was bothering them. If I had been greeted properly, given information without having to ask for it and made to feel welcome, I think I would have rated this resort a 5.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank bearcatfans
Karen G, Front Office Manager at Seven Springs Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear guest,

I appreciate the candid feedback you've provided regarding your recent stay at Seven Springs. While I'm glad you were able to see a lot of what we have to offer, as far as activiites and amenities, I'm very disappointed in the fact that your check-in process was less than satisfactory. I expect nothing less than the best service from my staff, so this review will be shared with them. I apologize that we fell short with your experience, but it will be immeidately addressed. Thank you for letting me know.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This place is wonderful the views are fantastic from the ski lifts and the dining couldn't be better. There is a game room and miniature golf course for the kids to play. There is also an indoor and outdoor pool. The room I received was very nice with two rooms that each included a bed. There was balcony with a great view which could be accessed from the second room. There was also to big screen tv's in each room.

Room Tip: Book ahead and ask for a room with a good veiw
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This hotel was great. I wouldn't call it fancy, but the rooms were spacious and the location is so convenient. You are a quick walk to the slopes, tubing, the ski lodge (which gets PACKED on the weekends and quite the party atmosphere so if your not interested in that I would recommend going to one of the restaurants back in the main lodge in the hotel), breakfast, etc. The trip was short, cut even shorter to avoid a storm so we didn't make it to some of the activities/places, but I really have no major complaints about my experience. Check in was a little disorganized with where to park and stuff and little guidance was given on where things were upon arrival but it was quite busy.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Karen G, Front Office Manager at Seven Springs Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear guest,

I'm sorry that your check-in experience was not as informative as it should have been, but am glad you were able to find your way around to enjoy the amentities of the Resort. Thanks for the review.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is a great location for a ski weekend. The staff is helpful and friendly and there is a good variety of ski runs and many lifts. Usually weekend lift lines are short, except of course holiday weekends.

Several restaurants offer a variety of foods. All the food is good. Pubs and night clubs are packed and loud.

Hotel rooms are dated and should be updated but they are clean and predictable. Lodging up in the condos is much better with the added benefit of cooking your own meals and not waiting in lines for dinner.

Room Tip: Slope side is nice but not worth the extra cost. Book non slope side room and check upgrade availab...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I have stayed at this resort in the summer and in the winter. There are a variety of fantastic activities available during both seasons. We just visited again at the end of February and had a lovely time. The hotel provides a rustic lodge feeling, yet has modern amenities with clean, large rooms. There are several bars and restaurants to choose from, all are good, not great. There are also a variety of activities right in the lodge from warm indoor fires by the bars which boast live music, to miniature golf and bowling.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kurt R

Dear guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide candid feedback regarding your visit(s) to Seven Springs... hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

My family and I have stayed here a couple of times for long weekends to snowboard and ski. The hotel is basic, like I said nothing fancy, but fine for a weekend with the kids. And kids there are plenty of, by the way. I'm assuming that when this hotel was built they did not do a lot of sound proofing because you can hear every footstep outside of your room. But the staff are friendly and always willing to help. There are several places to eat, again nothing fancy. The food is average to good. They do have a very good breakfast buffet every morning, though. There's also a very good restaurant on the resort, but not within the main resort, called Helen's. We ate there last year. The food was delicious, however found the proprietors to be quite stuffy. There's also a fairly decent spa at the resort. And of course the slopes are decent for Pennsylvania.

Room Tip: I would suggest you request not to be on the fourth floor of the main hotel. That's the corridor...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank killerq
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We just had our first stay at Seven Springs for their family weekday package. With two kids it was a great value. Breakfast buffet was great. Dinner buffet was just ok. Pizza was good too. It was nice to park the car and not have to leave for 3 days. Skiing was so good we didn't have time for all the other activities like bowling, tubing etc...I wish we would have known we needed reservations for the hot tub. But the kids loved the pool. We would stay again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Karen G, Front Office Manager at Seven Springs Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback regarding your stay on our Family Memories package. That package is definitely our "best-seller"!

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

814-352-7777 ext .7575
kgray@7springs.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Champion
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
Hampton Inn Somerset
Hampton Inn Somerset
#1 of 12 in Somerset
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort & Spa

Been to Seven Springs Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!